• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3rd Semi-Annual TX MV Rally

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swap meet is pretty thin so far. Haven't seen any deuce stuff other than mine yet. Hopefully more will start rolling in this evening.

runk

I (and son) will see you guys at the museum Saturday morning:(. I'm going to have to bring the Expedition, so we'll park in the civi parking. Planning on heading back over to the off-road park with everyone else, if we do some trails we'll be looking to bum rides ! (Although the Expedition has real 4x4, and did well in Big Bend, it's just not the same....)

After two long weekends, and 1.5 days of vacation this week, the wheel cylinders and brake hoses are all replaced, the hubs all resealed and repacked, various broken and incorrectly assembled parts are replaced and corrected. But, I just couldn't get the brakes to feel right after bleeding. A little examination of the master cylinder revealed all - the boot was full of fluid. I guess not having the leaky wheel cylinder to relieve the pressure revealed the next weak spot. Out of parts, time and energy....

See you all tomorrow.

Barrman

Colton and I plan to make Pistolnut's in Caldwell by 1800. Then follow his EM-50 flat towing his M715 the rest of the way in. We should make it by 1900 at the park. Or near that time. I am not sure what kind of top speed I will get out of the M1009 pulling the CUCV tarped M101. The last time I drove it 60 was hard to maintain with that barn door sized flat front of the trailer sticking up in the wind. We are going NE and have a pretty stiff SE wind today so maybe I can draft real close to keep the speed up.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After 2 days in the sun with one to go I'll have to reassess my ability to make the rally. I wasnt expecting 85 degree days when I planned this trip.

OL AG '89

What a GREAT TIME!!!!
I'm still impressed that the 09's could climb the hills.... AND not break any parts
Maybe the underpowered is solved by MORE throttle pressure???
Who has the movie/pics of the BIG hill.... the one I was chicken at first but peer pressure convinced me LOL
I want to see the "sparks" coming from the front end????
I'll post my pictures tonight

Last edited:

badga the badger

me, my dad, and step mom had a great time. i am looking forward to the next time, hoping for more deuces. my dad on the other hand, not so much. he'll live. ill post my pics when we find the camera.

two.fiveM35

Sounds like a good time was has. Sorry I missed this one. Nofear can you pm me to let me know how I can get the tshirts off you hands and get the money to you.

CyrusX4

I know I had a blast, and anyone who missed it really missed out. If nothing else you could not have custom ordered better weather and the "super moon" on Saturday was a sight to behold.
Great to see some folks i've already met and meet some new ones.