• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3rd Semi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

Nofear,
I tried to make it to the last 2 rallies, only to have my plans change at the last minute, so I'm afraid to commit to this one. Also, I've picked up a lot of side (weekend) work recently, so I don't know that I could make this one anyway. (Gotta pay them bills). I'm hoping to be more time and financially stable this fall, or at least by next spring. This sounds like fun, and I'd really like to meet some of you guys in person.

Scott
If you can make it, thats great. If not, we completely understand. This silly job thing gets in the way of my hobby time, but it helps pay for the hobby. So..
We have a spot big enough for 20 trucks and only have 14 signed up.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What time are we set for arrival on Friday? I'm coming over Thursday and setting up at the Swap Meet for those 2 days but figured I could pack up early on Friday and head to the rendevous point (something I need an address or landmark for).

Barrman

Kind of depends on the weather. Last year Friday was basically the only day of the swap meet because Saturday was a flood. If you are looking for something rare, show up Friday. If you are just needing basic MV parts, Saturday will work.

Another thing is that most of the big MV parts houses show up at the event. If say you want new M38 tires from Wallace Wade. Call them up, they will bring them to the event and you can pick them up in person. Saves you shipping. Looking through the latest MVM I noticed a lot of places mentioned they would be at BMJP and could haul stuff there for pick up.

The big tank show is scheduled for 1400 Saturday. There have always been several vendors there with pretty darn good BBQ for lunch. Figure most of the day will be spent at BMJP.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if diesel goes up much more I may come in my F250 but not the deuce. I'll have about 500 miles roundtrip to the show and then the Rally and right now it'll be about $175 just for fuel. I guess my part of the Rally could be a M101A1:sad:

two.fiveM35

I will not be able to make it, my boys want me to go on the trip with them. I originally said I wanted a XXL and L shirts,but if I can I would like a XXL and M size instead. If you don't mind we can do it like last time and I'll pay for postage, or give it to one of the Houston museum guys and I will pick it up down there and mail u the check.

Thanks

nofearnohope

Unless something has changed, this is the attendance list I have so far:

nofearnohope - M35A2
Barrman- M715 (M35A2)
Pistolnut- M715 or M35A2
USAFSSColdwarrior- M35A2
historyfanatics- M35A2
CyrusX4- nothing
badga the badger- M109A3
Maverick1701- M35A2
fuzzytoaster- M35A2
runk- M35A2
Libtimothy- Pinzgauer
mkcoen- M35A2
OL AG '89- M1009
txdodge43man- (just camping)

nofearnohope

This is the shirt order so far, I know there are more people that want them, just don't have number or size:

nofearnohope​
L​
OL AG '89​
(2) XL​
two.fiveM35​
XXL, M​

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I won't be bringing the deuce. I will be there camping but in my pickup and I'll be set up at the swap meet Thursday afternoon and Friday.

If you can reserve me a XL tshirt I'd appreciate it.

CyrusX4

Unless something has changed, this is the attendance list I have so far:

nofearnohope - M35A2
Barrman- M715 (M35A2)
Pistolnut- M715 or M35A2
USAFSSColdwarrior- M35A2
historyfanatics- M35A2
CyrusX4- nothing
badga the badger- M109A3
Maverick1701- M35A2
fuzzytoaster- M35A2
runk- M35A2
Libtimothy- Pinzgauer
mkcoen- M35A2
OL AG '89- M1009
txdodge43man- (just camping)
Nothing huh? glad to know you value my contribution rofl

OL AG '89

Cyrus your presence is probably enough????
and he didn't include the STE/ICE I'm bringing this time so don't feel bad.....

It's a shame out of the whole GREAT STATE of TEXAS we can only Muster 12 vehicles!!!!
I say next time we offer FREE stuff!!!! it always brings them in at WORK!!!
I have some new shop rags I'll throw in for free to anyone else who adds them self to the list!!!!
Maybe a quart or two of used oil as well!!!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some new shop rags I'll throw in for free to anyone else who adds them self to the list!!!!
I had the idea of bringing a few hundred gallons of filtered "fuel cocktail" (wmo/atf mix) and selling it cheap and legally at the rally as I know fuel prices are high. Just not enough time. aua

CyrusX4

Cyrus your presence is probably enough????
and he didn't include the STE/ICE I'm bringing this time so don't feel bad.....

It's a shame out of the whole GREAT STATE of TEXAS we can only Muster 12 vehicles!!!!
Punch and Pie!!!

More people will come if we have punch and pie!!

Barrman

The Rally is going to be the 2nd of 5 straight weekends I will be camping out. Since I will be using the M1009 alone the 1st weekend and the M1009 with the M101 the 3rd. I might not have time or the energy to swap everything over to the M35. M1009 with the M101 is probably what I am going to show up in. 1/2 the fuel use is another factor in this switch.

I would like a 2X, a 3X and an adult medium shirt.

Kwai told me on the phone last night that he is planning to bring his M715 up. I haven't heard back from Sermis yet though.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Respectfully, gentleman, I and "Soldier B" will not be able to attend as previously planned. Staff changes (2 departures) from my place of employment has put me on a "standby" status schedule. (In the Funeral Home, duty can call ANYTIME.) Although I am not a Funeral Director, I assist on "those calls" when necessary.

Hope y'all have a wunnerful event.

Will pray we're able to make the next one.