• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

mzak88

Just spoke with him. He said there is still may variables that need to be answered above and beyond what I sent him in order for him to set up the machines. He advised that I would be best to look for a source that has already gone through the set up, machining and build process.
Keep me in the loop. It would make my rig perfect in my eyes

profo

Your machinist will have to make a special right angle cutting milling tool to be able to go down and cut the internal splines in hub and also pass coolant thru it also, that was one of the biggest hurdles also the machine time on the hub itself was like 12 hours if I remember correct, the springs I have a few extra cause I had to make a 100 min run at a spring factory, that was over 5k$ , as for roll pin, locking snap ring bolts small parts I got from Mc master Carr . Good luck I hope y'all succeed. If it would of been casted it would of been cheaper but you would have a bunch made to justify the molding cost. It will not be long before 3D printing will be able to make this in a few hours, I am already printing 3D in PEEK AND PEI with carbon fiber which has a 400 degrees celcius melting point and can replace most aluminum. The technology is coming fast and I am 55 so I am slowing down, time for the new gens to take over.

QKA-M35

Your machinist will have to make a special right angle cutting milling tool to be able to go down and cut the internal splines in hub and also pass coolant thru it also, that was one of the biggest hurdles also the machine time on the hub itself was like 12 hours if I remember correct, the springs I have a few extra cause I had to make a 100 min run at a spring factory, that was over 5k$ , as for roll pin, locking snap ring bolts small parts I got from Mc master Carr . Good luck I hope y'all succeed. If it would of been casted it would of been cheaper but you would have a bunch made to justify the molding cost. It will not be long before 3D printing will be able to make this in a few hours, I am already printing 3D in PEEK AND PEI with carbon fiber which has a 400 degrees celcius melting point and can replace most aluminum. The technology is coming fast and I am 55 so I am slowing down, time for the new gens to take over.
That is some awesome knowledge and tech!! I will pass along to my brother. THANK YOU!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks