• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just want to remind everyone, that these hubs will ONLY work as intended on 939 trucks because of the front drive air shift disconnect, if you use the hubs on a sprag transfer, the transfer WILL think that the rears ARE spinning (over running the front wheels)and engage the front drive, driving the third member

74M35A2

Check my thinking, but one could also add one of these to any one of the 4 rear hubs in order to make the truck single rear axle drive, therefore eliminating any wind-up that occurs between the intermediate and rear axle. So, a decent setup of this on a 9 series would be to buy 3 per truck....?

Nice to see somebody making measurable headway on this. Hats off to you bud!

68hunter

I have a pair of extra drive flanges that I am going to get the splines machined out of and use those in my truck for now, but I would be interested in a pair of your lockers when they are finished so that I don't have to get out and bolt in my splined flanges after I am already stuck. Do you have an idea roughly on the price yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks