• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton lockout hubs

datadawg

In the 5 year lifespan of this thread, one could have become a doctor -- even medical school doesn't take this long! I'm not criticizing, but it sure is a long time to make something. I think I might show this thread to my wife, so she knows it's normal to wait a few years for things to get done (like the landscaping in the house....I've been running out of excuses, until now :p )

68hunter

I agree. I gave up waiting and had the splines machined out of an extra set of hubs. I will keep the splined hubs in the truck just in case though.

profo

If anyone getting worried I am STILL at it the springs will have to be custom made, and I had problems cutting inner splines into hub but got a idea on how to do it now after about 6 tries, trying best not to have to cast anything, I need to purchase a special mill cutter that is long enough to go all the way to bottom of spline cut out while leaning hub at angle. Will keep everyone posted.

profo

Well the mill cutter didn't work, now trying to broach the splines into the hub also got a more educated person involved that knows more than me about specialty milling and Gcodes. I haven't gave up yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks