• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 1008 build.

linemech31

Painted the dash tonight with a dark blue. Going to shoot the truck with a metallic navy blue base clear next spring. (If i dont change my mind on colors again) also got a motor from a good junkyard today. Vortec 7400. Aka 454. Bought a seat from a wrecked 06 f150

Attachments

chevymike

Painted the dash tonight with a dark blue. Going to shoot the truck with a metallic navy blue base clear next spring. (If i dont change my mind on colors again) also got a motor from a good junkyard today. Vortec 7400. Aka 454. Bought a seat from a wrecked 06 f150
Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts for. Scored a serpentine belt setup off EBay for it (gotta clean it up).

1129201308.jpg

1129201343.jpg

linemech31

Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts for. Scored a serpentine belt setup off EBay for it (gotta clean it up).

View attachment 820557

View attachment 820558
Thats awesome. What are you going to do for exhaust? I havent picked mine up yet. Its coming out of a 2000 suburban. 123k. Ill take it apart and replace anything worn. Im going to pull the efi off and go with a aluminium 4bbl intake and rv cam

ScottG2005

Hey seen your post on my 76 Canadian 5/4 ton project. That truck of yours is looking great. That era of 454 is a good choice cause of the free"er" flowing heads. I'm really torn between the choice of converting my 76 to a automatic or keeping it a 4 speed. The military truck I'm cloning it after was a automatic but it was the truck I learned to drive stick on. I'll figure it out eventually. I need a heavy duty transmission that will fit behind the caddy big block

ScottG2005

Got the bed liner sprayed in tonight.
Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts fo

View attachment 820557

View attachment 820558
I was really debating on converting my Cadillac engine to efi till I seen the price for the conversion kit to convert it over lol. I was looking at holley and Edelbrocks conversion kits. But I guess for that price I'll just keep the carb lol

ScottG2005

I had to ditch the bucket seat option on my f150 seats. Decided to keep the bench. Put some shims in to get the seat up about 1"
I like the way that floor turned out. Would the bedliner work as insulation in cold weather? I'm really debating a bedliner floor in my 76 chevy

linemech31

I like the way that floor turned out. Would the bedliner work as insulation in cold weather? I'm really debating a bedliner floor in my 76 chevy
Thats a good question. I haven't driven the truck since i did the cab floor. I can tell you that after i sprayed the bed liner on the bed that it quieted down the road noise a bit. I sprayed the cab floor really heavy using 3 quarts. When i get the opportunity to drive it i will report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks