• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 1008 build.

linemech31

Painted the dash tonight with a dark blue. Going to shoot the truck with a metallic navy blue base clear next spring. (If i dont change my mind on colors again) also got a motor from a good junkyard today. Vortec 7400. Aka 454. Bought a seat from a wrecked 06 f150

Attachments

chevymike

Painted the dash tonight with a dark blue. Going to shoot the truck with a metallic navy blue base clear next spring. (If i dont change my mind on colors again) also got a motor from a good junkyard today. Vortec 7400. Aka 454. Bought a seat from a wrecked 06 f150
Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts for. Scored a serpentine belt setup off EBay for it (gotta clean it up).

1129201308.jpg

1129201343.jpg

linemech31

Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts for. Scored a serpentine belt setup off EBay for it (gotta clean it up).

View attachment 820557

View attachment 820558
Thats awesome. What are you going to do for exhaust? I havent picked mine up yet. Its coming out of a 2000 suburban. 123k. Ill take it apart and replace anything worn. Im going to pull the efi off and go with a aluminium 4bbl intake and rv cam

ScottG2005

Hey seen your post on my 76 Canadian 5/4 ton project. That truck of yours is looking great. That era of 454 is a good choice cause of the free"er" flowing heads. I'm really torn between the choice of converting my 76 to a automatic or keeping it a 4 speed. The military truck I'm cloning it after was a automatic but it was the truck I learned to drive stick on. I'll figure it out eventually. I need a heavy duty transmission that will fit behind the caddy big block

ScottG2005

Got the bed liner sprayed in tonight.
Sweet! I picked up a Gen VI 454 (long block, no factory EFI) for mine. I am going to put an old school GM TBI as they are cheap, reliable and easy to fix and get parts fo

View attachment 820557

View attachment 820558
I was really debating on converting my Cadillac engine to efi till I seen the price for the conversion kit to convert it over lol. I was looking at holley and Edelbrocks conversion kits. But I guess for that price I'll just keep the carb lol

ScottG2005

I had to ditch the bucket seat option on my f150 seats. Decided to keep the bench. Put some shims in to get the seat up about 1"
I like the way that floor turned out. Would the bedliner work as insulation in cold weather? I'm really debating a bedliner floor in my 76 chevy

linemech31

I like the way that floor turned out. Would the bedliner work as insulation in cold weather? I'm really debating a bedliner floor in my 76 chevy
Thats a good question. I haven't driven the truck since i did the cab floor. I can tell you that after i sprayed the bed liner on the bed that it quieted down the road noise a bit. I sprayed the cab floor really heavy using 3 quarts. When i get the opportunity to drive it i will report back.