• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A not-so-funny story (hz)

Chainbreaker

I've run across a few of these types myself in a variety of situations. They are always quick to play the "blame game" when things don't go perfectly their way even when you try to help them. They can't shoulder the responsibility of their actions and want to offload their self induced problems onto others. Anymore, I've decided life is too short to spend time with those characters once they reveal their skewed attitudes.

rustystud

What's great about this whole story is, he will get nowhere here on Steel Soldiers now that we're on to him. I guess he never thought we might talk to each other ! Personally I will not go on "Craig's list" just because of nut jobs like that. I would rather just give away my old stuff then deal with A$$HOLES like that.

Chainbreaker

...Personally I will not go on "Craig's list" just because of nut jobs like that. I would rather just give away my old stuff then deal with A$$HOLES like that.
I think it depends on the part of the country you are in whether Craigslist is a legitimate venue. I've bought and sold a few things on Craigslist and everyone I have dealt with has been friendly and fairly upstanding...so far, knock on wood! Of course I usually ask a few good questions upfront to see how they respond to weed out "the characters". Certainly there are jerks in every neck of the woods, you just have to stay one step ahead of them and use your best jerk filter to weed them out!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's great about this whole story is, he will get nowhere here on Steel Soldiers now that we're on to him. I guess he never thought we might talk to each other ! Personally I will not go on "Craig's list" just because of nut jobs like that. I would rather just give away my old stuff then deal with A$$HOLES like that.
Which is why I will never, ever, go to a yard sale. My wife though...

This guy not only made his bed, but also the house around it. Good luck to him.

Guyfang

Staff member
[FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]Anyone ever heard of this person? I just got a mail supposedly from him, about a generator set for sale in the big auction company.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]gretchepryo_2[/FONT]

dav5

He should have kept his mouth shut. Trying to weasel a measly $100 out of a guy who is trying to help him just shows he has absolutely no class. It is going to cost him way more than $100 when he finds no help on the only forum that really could help him.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The genset Jon had was attractively priced and a perfect fix for the feller suffering the extra hertz. Another deal like that will be hard to find. Another applicable quote. "It's better to be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt".

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Very interesting ummm

there are 2 MEP-813A units over on flea for sale. What's real funny is... 1 is listed at $3900 :shrugs:

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a $500 offer on the high dollar one. Didn't expect them to take it but you never know. We all should offer $500 on it. Maybe they will get the hint.

Ray70

To complicate matters even more... take a look at the pictures of the $3900 one in TX... I've never owned 400hz machine, thank God!, but it looks like the pic shows a 60hz frequency meter on the control panel.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Light in the Dark & Evil Dr. Porkchop, I feel compelled to commend you both for how well, and professionally, you handled the situation and individual. You both have demonstrated great personal restraint and I can't express how much I respect that.

This past couple years I've had various MV parts, tires and etc for sale and thinning out some "over-collections" has reintroduced me to all the hassle of dealing with people and sales (the good, bad, scammers, spam & etc). This has caused me to greatly curb some of my purchases because if I didn't want/need the item in the future I'd have to deal with selling it. Ugh.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had numerous folks looking at machines to send to Puerto Rico... I fear a number of these 400hz anchors are heading there, to only make their situations even WORSE (I have friends down there... what a disaster).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks