• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A0, A1, A1R and TM's

Third From Texas

Did it not happen to have older-ish trucks sent back after major FUBAR's like blown engine, trans or both etc..... end up getting some of the next generation parts cause that was what was being supplied at that time. This explains also how some trucks are so mix-matched.
Yeah, it could but I think they retain their build date (I had an '94 that had been back thru BAE's retrofit program and it retained it's original manufacture date).

I think BAE was just making trucks with the bits on hand at any given time. And trucks produced in the middle of model changes sometimes got random bits..

Third From Texas

Is there distinction Technical Manual's specific to A1 as opposed to A0 or A1R? Got an A1 and wanted to read up on the correct version. Thanks.
I can't find the post, but somewhere you mentioned your truck rode "washbvoard" rough.

Do you have the A0 or the A1R seats?

The A0 seats have the metal plate that your ass hits on every bump..

292446866_826017131700279_5740749638793217609_n.jpg

The A1R seats are suspension (pretty much look the same, but no metal plate and have much deeper/softer spring play (to accommodate the lack of air ride)..

Last edited:

GENX

I'll look.
I was just being facetious when commenting on the rough ride, but I'll check the seats. We should meet up and drive each other's to get a feel for what just shocks verses Giant Coil overs feel like....

Third From Texas

I'll look.
I was just being facetious when commenting on the rough ride, but I'll check the seats. We should meet up and drive each other's to get a feel for what just shocks verses Giant Coil overs feel like....
Rgr all.

Yeah, I was just wondering which seats were in your truck given the mix of variants that it consists of.

Do you have the box with the headrest pad above and behind the driver?

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with your source, it's totally possible, but have yet to see a yellow top "in the wild" compared to 27 black tops in person outside the motor pool(s). I'd like to know rhyme or reason on the belt MWOs as I've only seen 5 3126B prior to 2003 with a serpentine belt and I owned two. 2013 Camp Casey reset and the other is now owned by ramdough. I guestimate it makes logistics simpler? Maybe your source knows.
The C7 in the A1R I'm buying has yellow valve cover and the ACERT sticker is still intact, so likely not repainted.C7 With Yellow Valve Cover.jpg

Last edited:

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the engine serial? I'm curious if there's any rhyme or reason. Same as I've seen completely black engines before but they were full remans.
Don’t know since the truck is still in Maryland. Next time I talk with Berend I’ll see if he has the engine serial#. Really not enjoying having to wait to get the truck:(

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks