• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 wheels on an A2 Deuce mounting ?s

tobyS

Unless your hauling lots of tons, 60 psi sounds like plenty to me. 18 ply is not going to give you much cushion.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wow, this was honestly an overthought thread on a tire install apparently. For future reference. You can simply use any tire mount/dismount soap or use blue/red grease. wipe the beads inside and out and on the flat face and air it up. You do NOT want to run flaps or tubes on the A3 wheels. With the proper bead lubrication it will go up just fine. It helps the tire slip on the wheel and the air to not escape. So well you should be able to use the air from the truck to air it up. I did 14 tires yesterday using the trucks to seat the bead on all of them. No beadlocks/runflats. Just tires on wheels.

Using a 1/2" air line really helps on beading up tires. Also another trick for one that just wont bead up is to use a clip on air chuck and stand the tire up. clip the chuck on. put the air to it and push the tire over so it falls flat. The impact will a lot of times get the tire to bead.

Those Band type beadlock inserts that G. posted a picture up. I am more than happy to hand them out like free candy. Hate those things.

You also ALWAYS want to use large bore valve stems and just get the adapter down to a normal air chuck. But large bores are a lot nicer on airing things up.

I did not use a tube you can not on theses rims. This is my first time mounting them myself. I used dish soap and an o ring style tool to mount it. I used the trucks air. Thanks for the tips This thread hopefully will answer some of the questions other members might have. I ll try to make a video and post it still have 3 more tires to dismount and remount.

Last edited:

rustystud

Wow, this was honestly an overthought thread on a tire install apparently. For future reference. You can simply use any tire mount/dismount soap or use blue/red grease. wipe the beads inside and out and on the flat face and air it up. You do NOT want to run flaps or tubes on the A3 wheels. With the proper bead lubrication it will go up just fine. It helps the tire slip on the wheel and the air to not escape. So well you should be able to use the air from the truck to air it up. I did 14 tires yesterday using the trucks to seat the bead on all of them. No beadlocks/runflats. Just tires on wheels.

Using a 1/2" air line really helps on beading up tires. Also another trick for one that just wont bead up is to use a clip on air chuck and stand the tire up. clip the chuck on. put the air to it and push the tire over so it falls flat. The impact will a lot of times get the tire to bead.

Those Band type beadlock inserts that G. posted a picture up. I am more than happy to hand them out like free candy. Hate those things.

You also ALWAYS want to use large bore valve stems and just get the adapter down to a normal air chuck. But large bores are a lot nicer on airing things up.
Don't use "grease" on any wheel though ! The grease starts to attack the rubber compounds in the tires. That's one reason you need to wipe down tires after repairing a wheel seal leak.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Don't use "grease" on any wheel though ! The grease starts to attack the rubber compounds in the tires. That's one reason you need to wipe down tires after repairing a wheel seal leak.
With the amount you use. It would be 20 years or more for it to really do anything to it. you are not slathering it on. Just a sliding base. Also 95 percent of the grease is either moly or lithium which is not going to hurt it. The tire will long dry rot and crack out and be non useable fore any bead damage occours.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I used a food grade dialectical grease for the o ring seal for the bead lock rings from harbor freight and just used dish soap a little water if needed and a paint brush to mount tires.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks