• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2017 (44th East Coast Rally held at Ripken Stadium May 11-13

desmodromic

Howdy fellas.

I have a laundry list of "needs" and actual needs for my M966 rebuild and my GMV conversion.

Looking for TOW accessories, both diff assemblies, brake assemblies, A1 style steering wheel, laverne brush guard, 4L80e crossmember and dual ~8.6" antennas for the M966.

Jeep style roll bar, fender slats, rub rails and full length rear half doors for the GMV project.

2 man cargo bulkhead, solid green top and rear door blanks for a friend.

Tons of other "needs." Which is the best day time to swing through the vendors, mid-day Thursday or Friday morning?

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need other fathers opinions please. I planned on bringing my 6 year old son with me. He likes my deuce and loves trucks. But looks like it's going to be a wet one. Not sure if I want to take him if he's going to be bored and soaked. I've never been to the show. However it's is mandatory that I go to pick up some of my items I've paid for. HONEST opinions please. Thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need other fathers opinions please. I planned on bringing my 6 year old son with me. He likes my deuce and loves trucks. But looks like it's going to be a wet one. Not sure if I want to take him if he's going to be bored and soaked. I've never been to the show. However it's is mandatory that I go to pick up some of my items I've paid for. HONEST opinions please. Thanks
I've taken my son previously (approximately the same age at the time) and he had a good time. Admittedly, he was not up for hanging around for eight hours so that cut my day short, but it was fun being there with him. He got to drive in a friend's Mighty Mite and I bought him some stuff that he wanted (I think it was a training grenade). All in all, I'd do it again...except he has testing this week.

tstone

I've been going to the Aberdeen show since about 85 and have only missed it a few times. It is not the same show as it was on the Aberdeen Proving Grounds but it is still a great place to see some great vehicles, pick up some good parts at the flea market and hang out with friends. Your son would probably enjoy the trucks, equipment and stuff for sale at the show. The worse the weather is, fewer of the vendors will be open.

I normally camp out at the show but this year I was too busy at work to take off Thursday & Friday. Me and my sons will be going up Friday with our rain gear. PM me if you decide to go.

rickf

Well, Aberdeen was Aberdeen, Unpredictable weather as usual. And the die hards did what we do best, WE ATE WELL!!!!! I want to thank Scrounger, Ziggy and his Dad for putting together fantastic steak dinner on Thursday evening. It was wet, it was damp and it was borderline cold but I will tell the food was good! And to all of those out there that missed it here are some pics to rub it in. Sorry for the bad pics this year but the good camera was NOT coming out in that rain, Cell phone will have to do.
And let me tell you, getting that tarp up in the rain was interesting to say the least, sure glad there were no videos of that!

IMG_20170511_174643.jpgIMG_20170511_174619.jpgIMG_20170511_175348.jpgIMG_20170511_175356.jpgIMG_20170511_182932.jpgIMG_20170511_182926.jpgIMG_20170511_174709.jpgIMG_20170511_182946.jpgIMG_20170511_191737.jpg
And this last one is for those of us who were bounced out of our spots. Seems someone had some pull. The guy who was always on the end just moved down to the next corner down and blocked the road the same as it was blocked before and Jim Henry blocked the rest of it. I don't think I saw more than five cars come in there. When I came in with my rig on Friday morning I could not get through there and had to weave all through the place.

Last edited:

Rickv100

I went to Aberdeen today as well, I did not quite understand the roadway to the parking either. I had to weave around Jim Henry. Was he loading or unloading that truck today? It seemed like nothing moved off of the truck when I went by.

I really wish they would group vendors together instead of all the space between vendors.

Rick

rickf

That was the idea of eliminating our spots, to group people together, Obviously that did not work so well when there were even less people to group. The weather scared a lot of people off. Rickv1oo, you and I sound like we got there at the same time, did you see a big yellow trailer weaving through the place trying to get to the parking area?

Rickv100

rickf,

Sorry no I did not, I arrived around 9am. With having to weave through the market area and the new road way I had to watch for pedestrians.

Gentleman walked out to his truck parked on the edge of the roadway,unaware that I was there.

I am not a fan of the new roadway. Seems like people ignored it and parked in the stadium parking lot.

Rick

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just got home, only about an hour run. Big thanks to Scrounger for the ribs....mmmmmmmmm.

Always good to see folks.

Got there about an hour later than I wanted. There seemed to be a lot of people when I rolled in but the crowd vanished within the hour. Came home with most of what I went with.

Hopefully I'll make Gilbert.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks