AcuTemp Refrigerator

Jayhawk#44

Does anyone have the proper wiring order for the batteries? I've got 2 yellow and 2 black sleeved wires in the battery tray.

No real way to tell what is + or - and which pair goes together.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Jayhawk#44

Update:

Stopped being lazy, started chasing wires. Different pin out on the AC plug. Based on the AC inputs(L, N, and GND) from the plug to the power supply . Plugged it in got nothing, but then noticed a very slight ticking noise. DC output should be somewhere in the range of 12 - 15 volts, but all I get is 0.15 to 0.25 volts ish, with the bounce coinciding with the ticking noise.

Yes you guessed it The blood supply for our soldiers relies on it $57 cheap Chinese POS power supply manufactured April of 2019..
16529383618122124052547507790171.jpg
Thinking I have a fried power supply. All power goes to the solar controller then to the unit. I'm going to jumper in 12 volts to the solar and see if it runs.

If that's it, I can solve the AC problem cheaply.

Later,

Matt

Jayhawk#44

Busy weekend with youngest son's club basketball, so not much to report.

I did verify my power supply is not the problem. Disconnected the DC output to the solar controller, presto magico and it's now putting out 16.34V DC.

Put 12v to the now disconnected DC feed to the solar controller, immediately popped the fuse in the cable I used to run the 12v.

So I've got a short down stream of the power supply.

Pulled the entire unit out of the box for access reasons. I'll post up a few pics later.

Take care,

Matt

Last edited:

Guruman

Not so new member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread inspired me to want one of these (two actually, to use as seats in a dinette unit).

I won a couple of auctions and after some interesting shipping debacles I now have three of them.

One had dead batteries
Two are missing the batteries and the cage for them.

I bought 4 new batteries. Dropped a couple on the first unit. Unit runs cools works fine on A/C power. Does not charge the batteries. Will not run on DC power.

Moved the batteries to unit 2. Same thing. No charge, will not run on DC power. Works great on A/C.

Unit 3. Same dang thing.

None of them will charge the batteries or run on DC power.

Ideas?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought an "AcuTemp AX56L" HemaCool mobile blood storage and cooling refrigerator from fellow steel soldiers member "firefinder" .
It is awesome ! It weighs in at 148 Ibs so it's no light weight, this is a serious piece of equipment. It can operate on 120V A/C, 24V DC, 12V DC and internal batteries (for up to 8 hours in freeze mode) . It holds more then my RV's deep freeze and keeps it frozen to -9 F below zero ! (-23C) . It can also keep it at 35F degrees (cool mode) if you so desire.
After I received mine I started to test it. It takes about 12 hours to reach it's maximum freeze temperature, but after that you can open the lid and retrieve anything stored in there without hardly any temperature rise.
It uses an actual freezer compressor (that's one of the reasons it weighs so much) and the motorcycle size internal batteries are totally sealed (the other reason for the weight) . It came with the A/C cord, the 24V DC cord and operator and service manuals, a screwdriver (to remove the cover) a sponge, spare air filter and the operating system to load on your laptop to check the units function. All in all this is one primo unit ! I just wish I had more money to buy another !
This is going on my "Great Alaskan Adventure" for sure !

View attachment 716510View attachment 716511View attachment 716512View attachment 716513View attachment 716514View attachment 716515
I picked up the same unit !!! yes it is heavy !!!!!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread inspired me to want one of these (two actually, to use as seats in a dinette unit).

I won a couple of auctions and after some interesting shipping debacles I now have three of them.

One had dead batteries
Two are missing the batteries and the cage for them.

I bought 4 new batteries. Dropped a couple on the first unit. Unit runs cools works fine on A/C power. Does not charge the batteries. Will not run on DC power.

Moved the batteries to unit 2. Same thing. No charge, will not run on DC power. Works great on A/C.

Unit 3. Same dang thing.

None of them will charge the batteries or run on DC power.

Ideas?
Mine came with no batteries. Put some in-did just like you said , then about a week later started charging the batteries. Charged and ran on dc just fine. Then I screwed up and let them discharge. Same thing again. Took about 3 days for the batteries to start charging. 🤷🏻‍♂️

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks