• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket CTIS covers for FMTVs

Third From Texas

I've posted HET covers in previous discussions. Just another example of the same concept.

*not 14 ga

You could come off four of the hub bolts by welding another bolt to the head facing outward. It would remove the weight/need for standoffs, moving some added mass to the center, though. Not sure that I would want to take an impact and stress the hub, but I do know that you can peel a plastic car bumper off completely with a hub. I hate when asshats park in a handicap zone.

*true story

:)

Attachments

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've posted HET covers in previous discussions. Just another example of the same concept.

*not 14 ga

You could come off four of the hub bolts by welding another bolt to the head facing outward. It would remove the weight/need for standoffs, moving some added mass to the center, though. Not sure that I would want to take an impact and stress the hub, but I do know that you can peel a plastic car bumper off completely with a hub. I hate when asshats park in a handicap zone.I

*true story

:)
I was sitting here thinking that this would be an excellent time to swap my AO grill for your A1R grill ! Iwill even let ya pay shipping so that you can write it off as a donation on your tax's !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a guy supposedly selling these on FB.

No info other than it's in every military vic and LMTV group.

It's one of those "I'll have to PM you the details" things (which means it's typically shady or embarrassinglyView attachment 871389 over-priced).

;)
How do you get the valve stem cap off to put air into the tire cause most folks ctis doesnt work anyways !

coachgeo

There's a guy supposedly selling these on FB.

No info other than it's in every military vic and LMTV group.

It's one of those "I'll have to PM you the details" things (which means it's typically shady or embarrassinglyView attachment 871389 over-priced).

;)
while the image looks familiar.... its not all over FB. Photo search of FB and I cant find it. Search for threads on it in a few of the groups I dont see it either.

Third From Texas

while the image looks familiar.... its not all over FB. Photo search of FB and I cant find it. Search for threads on it in a few of the groups I dont see it either.
The guy literally spammed the LMTV groups with those images (here's just two of the LMTV groupsd I'm in over there, I didn't look in the others I belong to). And when you ask for any detail, he says "PM sent" (but I don't use Messenger and my only FB account is a friendless marketing account so I have no details to share). I seem to recall him posting in SS a year or two back that he was looking to do a prodcution run but I never saw any follow up). Here's some links:

coachgeo

The guy literally spammed the LMTV groups with those images (here's just two of the LMTV groupsd I'm in over there, I didn't look in the others I belong to). ....
thanks . knew had seem them somewhere. Used a good reverse image search engine (not just googles, it misses ton of stuff) to search the pics and nothing came up. Appears tech giant facebook somehow is blocking reverse image search engines. hmmmmm???

anyway.... had searched with facebook's search tools for CITS Covers as well as CTIS protectors...... nothing came up for post or pics..... but then again facebook search engine SUCKS. think you have to search by EXACT wording or it won't find shiat.

Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks