• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum wheels

MIDDLEMAN

Those Hutchison wheels include a CTIS patent. One can look up the patent.
I looked through the information you found and it's pretty interesting. I didn't see any actual part numbers or NSN numbers that would help us chase down the special nut for the hollow threaded CTIS stem. I can machine it from scratch but it would be a lot of work to make a few.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I looked through the information you found and it's pretty interesting. I didn't see any actual part numbers or NSN numbers that would help us chase down the special nut for the hollow threaded CTIS stem. I can machine it from scratch but it would be a lot of work to make a few.
ask Hutchison?

MIDDLEMAN

i was only able to find one of the filter things that goes in the wheel. also a couple missing o-rings. Look like your part?
View attachment 829205
Sure does, where did you find
i was only able to find one of the filter things that goes in the wheel. also a couple missing o-rings. Look like your part?
View attachment 829205
Sure looks like them. Do you have a way to get more? I think Keith could use some. Mine appear good, but I might need a couple as well. Excellent find.

scabskunk

I got a set of 4 of the 395/85r20's that were in the box from gp in cali they had aluminum wheels but larger hole and bolt pattern I think. was thinking about getting an adapter made up to make the wheels work on the lmtv but never went through.

MIDDLEMAN

View attachment 829205
Sure does, where did you find
those CTIS wheel nuts
I called and emailed Hutchinson today. The lady the answered the call in the military division said she would have someone get back to me about the o-ring and capped nut. Crossing my fingers.

MIDDLEMAN

I got a set of 4 of the 395/85r20's that were in the box from gp in cali they had aluminum wheels but larger hole and bolt pattern I think. was thinking about getting an adapter made up to make the wheels work on the lmtv but never went through.
Might be the same ctis valve. Is there a Spicer embossment on the valve? Part number?

scabskunk

dana part number on the top part. number 676745. bottom housing 1180030.
I have 4 like i said was thinking about making adapters for the hubs to make them work with the lmtv hubs. So i kind of wanted to keep them and make an adapter to use the wheels i have. But i don't think im ever going to do that. So willing to part with them to people in need send a pm.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they stop calling it personal message and start calling it “start a conversation”?
I’ve sent Scadskunk and Middleman a start a conversation and I don’t think they are getting the message. If not, how do you start a PM?

MIDDLEMAN

dana part number on the top part. number 676745. bottom housing 1180030.
I have 4 like i said was thinking about making adapters for the hubs to make them work with the lmtv hubs. So i kind of wanted to keep them and make an adapter to use the wheels i have. But i don't think im ever going to do that. So willing to part with them to people in need send a pm.
I could make out the 676745 on one of mine and called the regional rep for Spicer to see if they are still available or if they have a superceded number and I believe there is a rebuild kit for them. I will post info when I here back.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does any have a source for the large seal that goes between the two half’s of the aluminum wheels?0F101146-4B93-4F03-862E-E0F038571C66.jpeg159587A5-7AFD-44F4-AAA9-0D4B83802D2C.jpeg167340EE-A051-432B-B1EA-8CB4403F1866.jpeg219391EB-C584-4642-BD9D-75BED4BB3374.jpeg
This is the shape of the seal. It’s definitely NOT a round oring (like the steel wheels) that was just smashed into this shade it was molded this way.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok everyone I’ve figured out all the different O-ring sizes and where to get them for these aluminum wheels. By the way the wheel part number is 0347 if you look on your wheel you’ll find WO-0347, WO stands for wheel outer and WI-0347, WI stands for wheel inner.
After the last post I’ve search everywhere ended up getting in touch with the engineer at Hutchinson about the large oring and he explained that it was truly a round oring and after getting hot they sometimes take a different shape....crazy to me, sounds like they should use a different material. But he did say I could order them from them and even shared the part number and a picture. Part # 5001268E97F77-20CF-4AB2-813C-100CE9A2FA3E.png
$18.00 each with a minimum order of $100 plus shipping.
So with that data you can go to McMaster Carr and order...made to order O-rings. So I ordered 4 each Buna orings with maximum temp of 250 degrees and 4 high temp silicone orings max temp 450.
54CC8FF4-25E6-4EE1-98F5-25EE7CF24050.jpeg
and here are the other small orings for the CTIS valve and the back side of the wheel.
310AC883-3525-4029-AC6B-1C884861D779.jpeg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry guys about the shiny paint!
I had to do it to make my wife happy. If you only knew how hard it was to convince her to travel the country in this set up. So I’ve had to make some sacrifices.
But I’m used to trail rash, they all have a story behind them. Been back road exploring for a long time.

Third From Texas

Sorry guys about the shiny paint!
I had to do it to make my wife happy. If you only knew how hard it was to convince her to travel the country in this set up. So I’ve had to make some sacrifices.
But I’m used to trail rash, they all have a story behind them. Been back road exploring for a long time.
Oh I love it. Very sharp look.

coachgeo

Oh I love it. Very sharp look.
so this style aluminum has same backspacing as steel on FMTV's while the ones from Mrap with Bud bolt pattern is the one with the inch more offset?

did any steelly rims have the slightly wider stance creating wheel offset from another truck that fit the LMTV too?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks