• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum wheels

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I verified it this morning that these wheels have the exact same back backspacing as the steel wheels.
To easily identify these wheels pay attention to the fact that they only have the 10 lug nut holes and the hole closest to the CTIS valve is larger than the rest of them.4D69469C-109A-4E60-8B3F-9A9980531011.jpeg

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh……Sooooo I totally forgot to mention I have a source for them.
I just purchased 5 of them WITH 80% tread tires $200 each. They have almost a 100 of them. Lucky for me it’s only a 15 mile drive to get them. But he can put them on a pallet and ship the for a reasonable cost.
google, Florida tire terminal, Avon Park, FL. Speak with Kevin and mention my name to clue him in on the wheels and tires you want.

coachgeo

Im not sure the benefit of this one beside a more protective ctis. 350-ish lb savings is not a lot for this size truck... The other aluminum ones that give little wider stance makes it a bit more benefit though. But they are twice the price for that reason.

which reminds me..... is there a steel wheel with the slightly wider offset or only aluminum?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a simple / easy way to just plug /remove the hose on the ctis and just have valve stem to air the tires manually im so over my tires constantly leaking down ctis doesnt work tried for a while to make it work im over it then if the tire still leaks down it either an o ring or a hole in the tire . fixing to take 4 newer tires and rims off 1082s and swap onto truck so while ive got em off might be easier to work on !????? Iwould love a set of these wheels on this thread theyre the ticket !

Ronmar

Is there a simple / easy way to just plug /remove the hose on the ctis and just have valve stem to air the tires manually im so over my tires constantly leaking down ctis doesnt work tried for a while to make it work im over it then if the tire still leaks down it either an o ring or a hole in the tire . fixing to take 4 newer tires and rims off 1082s and swap onto truck so while ive got em off might be easier to work on !????? Iwould love a set of these wheels on this thread theyre the ticket !
I think if you remove the elbow at the end of the hose, you can screw in a schrader valve to the end of the pipe that runs in to the wheel port...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if you remove the elbow at the end of the hose, you can screw in a schrader valve to the end of the pipe that runs in to the wheel port...
I will check that ideal out in the morning i figured others on here had given up as well and enginerd a way around the hoses Thanks

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you wanted the aluminum wheels and wanted to delete the CTIS valve you would need to tap the large hole and adapt it to a Schraeder valve. View attachment 836400
If you didn't want to permanently modify the rim, you could also design a plate that bolts on exactly the same way that the original valve assembly did. It would use the two tapped bolt holes, and seal to the air port hole the same way as the valve (o-ring?).

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually if you could tap the hole without drilling it any larger would be the better route. Reason being if you went the plate method you would have to machine an oring groove it the plate to match the valve body. Because the wheel doesn’t have the grove in it and it seals on the flat surface of the wheel.
The plate idea would be the better way in that it would hide all the holes but it’s no fun machining an oring groove in flat plate with out a cnc mill.
Anything can be done with enough time and money!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually if you could tap the hole without drilling it any larger would be the better route. Reason being if you went the plate method you would have to machine an oring groove it the plate to match the valve body. Because the wheel doesn’t have the grove in it and it seals on the flat surface of the wheel.
The plate idea would be the better way in that it would hide all the holes but it’s no fun machining an oring groove in flat plate with out a cnc mill.
Anything can be done with enough time and money!
You could make that two parts, if you wanted... the plate, and a lathed post that screws to the plate. But it would probably be made with a CNC mill anyway, so the groove wouldn't be a problem either way.

Ronmar

Or just use a gasket and/or sealant under the plate… It is not a lot of pressure… a plate could also incorporate a guard or even a cover for the Schrader fitting to protect it…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks