• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another bullet muffler install

RAYZER

I live in a residental neibourhood,and keep me deuce in my driveway,it even hangs over the sidewalk,its been parked there since i bought it two mounths ago and i drive it every chance i get. so far no one's complained,and i would like to keep it that way, ive giv'n a few neibours rides and the camo helps it blend in with the surrounding foliage in the yard.but man me deuce is loud (c turbo ) so i decided to give my eardrums and neibours a break.
Im not that much of a purest but i wanted to keep everything looking as close to stock as possible so i used the dynomax bullet race muffler #24216 from Summit racing (ebay, $42.95 along with a 3.5" torctite exaust clamp,#304ss ( napa, $13.00 ), with this combo i was able to hide it all behind the heat guard, and keep the stock stack height, used top part of cut off stack to weld into muffler. this mod made a big differance with the sound level, was 100 dbs @ 55 mph, dont know what it is now but ill check soon. total cost: about $86.00 ( 20.00 at muffler shop for the weld), total time: lost track . neibours happyness: priceless!
:beer:

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right I gotta say that is the best muffler I've seen yet! I was biting my tongue with the second heat shield but with the last pic I love it!:beer:

MO MV man

I used those mufflers on an old Chevy 2 and a turbo Regal years ago.
Simple, compact, free flowing and enough to tell the officer, "yes, I do have mufflers". :mrgreen:

So it's 100db in a C Turbo cab? Woo Hoo!
I knew it was LOUD but THAT is shocking.

I can't WAIT to see the "after muffler" db reading.

Great post and pics!

srodocker

wow looks stock!! cant wait to hear the difference im going to have to go this route aswell as im also in a neighborhood :( but best to keep people happy!

jatonka

Rayzer, I'm impressed. I did this mod 2 years ago but I put it in the stack above the J-pipe joint. Told the site what the decibel reduction was, explained that the taller the stack, the lower the sound level in cab. No body said much positive stuff. Your mod cuts the J-pipe if I'm not mistaken, that is expensive to replace, and hides the muffler behind the heat guard. It works for the SS members, God Bless You. At least people realize you don't need a huge muffler to lower the DB's to a manageable level. Thank you, John Tennis

RAYZER

I hav'nt had a chance to get over to my buddy's to take another sound level reading,ill try and do that this week, but i can tell you that this muffler makes a big diff ,the reduction of exsaust noise is very noticeable,you can still hear the whistle of the c turbo but not near as loud, im very pleased with the results and it looks good to! insulating the cab (fire wall, floorboards) and sealing all the holes is what im working on next for there's still alot of motor compartment noise.ill keep you posted.

Green_gator

Did the same to my M109 and it makes quite a difference. I did not increase the height of the exhaust pipe and with the muffler behind the heat shield you can not tell that it is modified without looking very closely. Since my kids ride shotgun quite a bit I want to quiet it down as much as possible without changing the sound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks