• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another bullet muffler install

yak50pilot

it would be very interesting to see some decibel measurements before and after those patriot inserts are installed.
If you just let one of those slide down into the pipe without a weld ,it would rattle and blow to the top when you goose it.

What happened to your art work, it's off the site?:?

59apache

Chipmaker
conc. patriot exhaust

more interesting than decibel is in my opinion the backpressure and the egt. this is the reason why i haven't installed it. its laying on the bench.....

not enough time (or not important enough) to install a pyrometer and a sensible pressure gauge to monitor the difference in pressure and temp before and after the installation

goldwing2000

Banned
I got mine from a local supplier. Million parts warehouse. They don't have a web sight. I think they have a my space page though. I don't know why :-?
Not sure if they ship. 810-235-8877
By that phone number, you must be in the Metro Detroit area somewhere. Would this be the place?
4129 Holiday Dr
Flint, MI 48507

Now that you've had it in for a couple months, what are your continued opinions on the spiral muffler? Does it seem to be pretty heavy duty, like the Donaldson? And how much was it from MPW?

I don't know how many people fly Yaks around here but do you know a guy named Paul Stambaugh who flys a Pitts Special? He has a hangar party at Ann Arbor airport every year and there's a guy who flys in with a Yak.

5tonpuller

Looks great. I did mine so I could easily change to the muffler or the stock stack. A pair of fireman's gloves and a 1/2in wrench. It has been about 3 years now and had no problems. ( only real hot hands) change when cool. I do have a better picture with it on and done, but of course when you want this picture, it is MIA.
Matt

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am starting to think I am becoming a RAYZER copy cat, or maybe just didn't want to reinvent the wheel. I wanted to take the edge off the ext sound so went with the Dynomax, got it delivered to the door $45.57 Amazon.com: Dynomax 24216 Race Bullet Muffler: Automotive . I wanted to be able to change it back to stock and thanks to a GSA junk pile several years ago had the ext coupling and clamp lying around, so mounted mine above the heat shield. I had a spare shield lying around that I was going to add, but like RAYZER said it looked stupid. Got the flapper from TSC for $14.
I gave gbooth the other 1/2 of the coupling so he can do the same but he is spending the extra $$ to get a bend on the top of his. I may do the same in the future.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mwmules, Looks good. You noticed a big difference when installed. I was thinking of installing 2 of them, 1 under the heat shield and the second like yours. I am all about a quieter diesel if thats possible.

Ray your truck looks awesome.

jatonka

If you go way back in this thread, and some others, I discovered that by installing the Dynomax 24216 just above the joint at the end of the J Pipe and adding most of the stack to the top of the muffler the sound is reduced very much. The taller the stack, the quieter the emitted sound is inside the cab. And, the muffler can be changed from truck to truck in just minutes. JT

Attachments

The previous owner of my deuce went to a muffler shop and told them to put the biggest muffler they had on it. it's kinda big and blows the stock look, as he put on a heat guard that looks like a stock one for a 5-ton, but it makes the truck pleasant to drive and no earplugs are needed so it's not a total fiasco. I guess I might wanna go with something smaller later if I can keep the noise level where it is now or lower. I guess I'll have to find someone with a decibal meter and get the actual numbers to decide if I really wanna change it out. It does look kinda goofy though.
:driver:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks