• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got another delivery from down under! I’d been debating this purchase for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger. I also got the insulated door, a deep pan with trivet and a ‘pizza’ tray. It’s their 24v version so no issues with power (6 amps). I moved where I was going to originally going to mount it already. 😆 Should be in soon. Doing some test fitting, I originally intended to put the Travel Buddy under the wall cabinet but, I didn’t like it there. I finally decided I liked it over the window and it keeps the counter open. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #travelbuddy #somervillemetalworks

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This might be one of my last drawers to build for a while. It will be next to the to the portable toilet for supplies. It has a unique shape due to the filler neck cover and be on slides from the side. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been happy with the install of my stereo but it was missing something. I ended up adding some kick panels from @cheyennepickup and some @kickeraudio KS speakers to fully use the @sonycaraudiousa head units 200W amp. Much fuller sound in the cab now with 6x9's in the rear and 5 1/4's in the front. I forgot to add that the e-brake clears the kick panel. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad Texan, you look to be rockin' with some SERIOUS sound right there!

"Live at Filmore East", or what else might be your favorite jams?

Bagpipe tatoos?! Funkadelic?!!
It's funny how simple the systems are in this build. The head unit is the key piece with a built in amp with 45w RMS x 4. I used the same one in the cab and box.

Music wise... I'm all over the place yet should probably expand more.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s been a while… been dreading this project. 😱 Let the fireworks 💥 begin. Fixing the rear main, removed the driveshafts, TH00 been peeing on the parking pad. Time for a change, bolt action time! Not a lot of pics… old pan seemed to be seeping at the rubber seal as well as the rear main seeping as well. Pulled the oil pump and rear crank cap and was amazed the rope seal just pulled out. Installed the new rubber seal in it’s place, wiped off the bearing, slathered it with assembly lube, and started torquing it back together. Installed a new pan with ‘RightStuff’ and installed all those little 10mm pan bolts and got a nice squish all the way around. Reinstalled the dipstick. I’m going to let her set up before adding oil. Hard job to do many pics because your hands are dirty the whole time… 🙄. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv

Attachments

2INSANE

It’s been a while… been dreading this project. 😱 Let the fireworks 💥 begin. Fixing the rear main, removed the driveshafts, TH00 been peeing on the parking pad. Time for a change, bolt action time! Not a lot of pics… old pan seemed to be seeping at the rubber seal as well as the rear main seeping as well. Pulled the oil pump and rear crank cap and was amazed the rope seal just pulled out. Installed the new rubber seal in it’s place, wiped off the bearing, slathered it with assembly lube, and started torquing it back together. Installed a new pan with ‘RightStuff’ and installed all those little 10mm pan bolts and got a nice squish all the way around. Reinstalled the dipstick. I’m going to let her set up before adding oil. Hard job to do many pics because your hands are dirty the whole time… 🙄. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv
Nice job refurbishing the pan! The dual exhaust is sexy too! ORD motor mounts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks