• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

ghost944

Well turns out the people at my local Home Depot just aren't very sharp! Called another Home Depot in Calgary and they cross referenced the number in 2 seconds! Anyways now I know exactly what to ask them and I will be good to go. So problem solved. Thanks for the help boys.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Oh quick question. If I roll the paint on the truck will it go on nice and uniform looking or should I spray it on?
There is no one "right" answer.

It's a function of what resources you have, and what approach is easiest for you.

People have had good success here with both (a thread search about it will bring you up plenty of background for your decision-making).

Doc2012

Has anyone applied this to bare steel? If so, was any kind of adhesion promoter used, or was the surface just cleaned, scuffed, and applied?

Sent from my PRC-119 using morse code

drivebymashing

20160701_203249.jpg20160628_071043.jpg20160628_070950.jpg20160626_174708.jpg
I pressured washed twice used lots of those sandpaper flap discs for grinder. And used 5 gallons of 34086 behr ultra premium flat 4300. In a wagner 590 air sprayer. I have around 350 in paint job if you count the sprayer i also sprayed my m1101 and my deck with it...

Another Ahab

View attachment 631206
I pressured washed twice used lots of those sandpaper flap discs for grinder. And used 5 gallons of 34086 behr ultra premium flat 4300. In a wagner 590 air sprayer. I have around 350 in paint job if you count the sprayer i also sprayed my m1101 and my deck with it...
That's plenty cheaper than Earl Schieb, and a lot better looking too. I'd say you are way ahead. [thumbzup]

earl.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished one. Pleased with the texture, price and ease of use (fumes clean up etc). I paid a company to sandblast the truck. They stripped the entire bed floor and about 50% of the rest of the bed. I'm pleased.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the exact same thing a week ago and the girl said I should buy some more in a week because they would be on sale!

:|

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone asked about bare metal, primer, rolling it on etc.

i rolled the hood. Looked fantastic. I had some bare spots of metal, roughed up by rust and sandblasting. I'm not concerned about the paint sticking. It's primer and paint mixed and I think it will be fine.

I have never seen a latex adhere to stuff like this does. This is quality paint.

B3.3T

This is a great thread but so long...I've tried to read it all. Three questions: 1. So at this point, what is the thoughts on durability? 2. What do you use as primer on bare metal? 3. Can you choose the finish as in eggshell vs. flat etc.?

two.fiveM35

I painted this one year ago after power washing it and priming it with rustolium rattle can primer. I've painted two trailers and prefer the premium ultra plus. Still looks great. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks