Bought an M35A2, with a unique addition

m715mike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, is there an M35 “bible” out there? You know- a book on owning and maintaining this truck?
These?

Danspomer

These?

I’ve seen those- I was just curious if some author had published a book that kind of oversees and addresses the whole picture.

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
I’ve seen those- I was just curious if some author had published a book that kind of oversees and addresses the whole picture.
Those books have the information that you need. Sadly, the TM's are incredibly "dry".
There is nothing there that is fun to read and IMO, they aren't like having a Chilton's.

Using the search function of the PDF Reader will help you find what needs to be read.
And, with a little reading you will be able to talk about the "widgit" you are working on in the forums.

Danspomer

Those books have the information that you need. Sadly, the TM's are incredibly "dry".
There is nothing there that is fun to read and IMO, they aren't like having a Chilton's.

Using the search function of the PDF Reader will help you find what needs to be read.
And, with a little reading you will be able to talk about the "widgit" you are working on in the forums.
Maybe I’ll just write the book myself!

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
So… the PTOs. Does anyone have any experience in using these with external equipment? I’m looking for experiences people have had. Snow plows? Construction equipment? Etc.
There are folks that know more about that than I do, but with a hydraulic pump attached to the PTO that is attached to the transmission you can do a LOT of things. The pole trucks that service the power grid in your town and a hundred other of vehicles with hydraulics can really "do magic". A pair of lines plumbed to the front of your truck (one pressure, one return) with a quick connect can make things move with a push of a lever. Same to the back if you wanted or needed it... To top it all off, you affix the Knuckle Boom, all the things listed before can easily be added...

Fire Trucks, Wreckers, Ambulance / Squad vehicles, Dump Trucks and a lot more. There are Jaws Of Life, Impact Wrenches, Chainsaws, run your Wood Splitter, and a lot of other things can be driven through a siamese hose attached to fluid power. A ball valve turns off that line when you aren't using it.

I hate to keep saying it, but there is some magic in that there oil line! :cool:

- Don't know if I answered the question or not.
Need to know what kind of transmission (pictures) to be any more useful.

Last edited:

Danspomer

There are folks that know more about that than I do, but with a hydraulic pump attached to the PTO that is attached to the transmission you can do a LOT of things. The pole trucks that service the power grid in your town and a hundred other of vehicles with hydraulics can really "do magic". A pair of lines plumbed to the front of your truck (one pressure, one return) with a quick connect can make things move with a push of a lever. Same to the back if you wanted or needed it...

Fire Trucks, Wreckers, Ambulance / Squad vehicles, Dump Trucks and a lot more. There are Jaws Of Life, Impact Wrenches, Chainsaws, run your Wood Splitter, and a lot of other things can be driven through a siamese hose attached to fluid power. A ball valve turns off that line when you aren't using it.

I hate to keep saying it, but there is some magic in that there oil line! :cool:

- Don't know if I answered the question or not.
Need to know what kind of transmission (pictures) to be any more useful.
That’s what I’m beginning to figure.

With those PTOs, anything is possible.

Thanks for the reply. 👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks