• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buzzards Roost

Rhino 5/4

I put 475mi on the Ol Girl over the weekend. Took the boys on a little field trip to Goliad, Prisidio -La Bahia and Fannin grave site. I struggle with how to explain to a 5 year old what freedom and sacrifice is but I think some seeds were planted. Ol Girl did well but making oil so have orderd seal kits for the HH and booster pump. The 109 has not been touched in a few weeks but hoping to get some progress soon. Will definatly be getting some different seats, it took me a day to feel my toes again hehehe.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 475mi on the Ol Girl over the weekend. Took the boys on a little field trip to Goliad, Prisidio -La Bahia and Fannin grave site. I struggle with how to explain to a 5 year old what freedom and sacrifice is but I think some seeds were planted. Ol Girl did well but making oil so have orderd seal kits for the HH and booster pump. The 109 has not been touched in a few weeks but hoping to get some progress soon. Will definatly be getting some different seats, it took me a day to feel my toes again hehehe.
The little feller has that 1000 mile stare going ! Pretty sure you wont have to beg him to go on a long trip lol !!!! Great pics and keep giving them the good lessons cause they sure wont teach it that way to him in todays brainwashing schools!!!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been busy with work and family but went to Palestine TX for a run n gun Sunday with my son. Great time and great people. Hopefully will get back to turning some wrenches on green stuff in the next few days. View attachment 884401View attachment 884402View attachment 884404View attachment 884405
Your hired ! You will be in charge of ground forces and infantry ! When we invade Camp Deja Vu and Camp Hustler ! The combatants will be heavily fortified with airborne contagents that will cause your will to fight to vacate and their tan skin tight uniforms will distract even the greatest warriors so keep practicing with your night/thermal vision because you will be on night ops only !!!! Carry on ! And God speed !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My division will be breaching the All new Camp Twin Peaks this week !!!! Their force are all green with not much experience so victory will be ours !! And a special instruction to join their website and get free chips and queso coupon !!!!! Its hard to overthrow a base on empty stomachs !!!

Rhino 5/4

My division will be breaching the All new Camp Twin Peaks this week !!!! Their force are all green with not much experience so victory will be ours !! And a special instruction to join their website and get free chips and queso coupon !!!!! Its hard to overthrow a base on empty stomachs !!!
Yes an army can't March on an empty stomach hehe. the spoils of war would fill the green chariots of the Victors

Rhino 5/4

It has been a spell since last post as it has been too hot to twist wrenches here in Texas. We started back on the 109 cutting the roof off and cleaning up the framework and priming the bare spots. I have not come up with a final solution for replacing the roof yet and I am quite sure it will be a by trial and error method. Forming the corners and keeping them waterproof is my biggest concern. Goal is to get the flooring in, dry and usable so we can start on the M725 without disrupting the ability to shelter and transport @chucky female staff and workers in case of the collapse of society and or natural desasters. I am looking for a good hard top for her, the one she has is in bad shape. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been a spell since last post as it has been too hot to twist wrenches here in Texas. We started back on the 109 cutting the roof off and cleaning up the framework and priming the bare spots. I have not come up with a final solution for replacing the roof yet and I am quite sure it will be a by trial and error method. Forming the corners and keeping them waterproof is my biggest concern. Goal is to get the flooring in, dry and usable so we can start on the M725 without disrupting the ability to shelter and transport @chucky female staff and workers in case of the collapse of society and or natural desasters. I am looking for a good hard top for her, the one she has is in bad shape. If anyone knows of one please let me know.
No rush i have no staff my herrum have abandonded me and moved on to greener pastures ! Maybe you bring me a nice shy mysterious Texas girl with low morrals and a good tan ! Youve missed a lot in your absences i got drunk and flew to vegas and married a nice cocktail waitress and went to germany for our honeymoon and she has shacked up with guyfang and hes knocked her up so my love life has hit rock bottom but hey i will have kids that speak german and drink like a fish ! So the hits just keep comin !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you got a roof on it yet ?

Rhino 5/4

Have you got a roof on it yet ?
Actually we got the floor set in place this weekend. I went to a cargo trailer manufacturer last week and I think they have what I need to make something work for the roof. I need to drive it over to test fit the radius sides to make sure.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

A little more progress over the weekend, On the front, I decided to delete the window and all the other potential places to leak water and skinned over the existing metal. The wheel cylinders and radiator replacment came in so I will work on getting those done before I tackle the re roof project. I saw a thread on how to replace the stock radiator with a old Chevy truck aluminum one so I will try that instead of attempting to repair the stock one. I am looking for a good hard top if anyone knows of one that is available for cheap and fiberglass is an option too. I saw that is is possible to wet sand blast with a high pressure sprayer, I am considering getting one to strip the truck down for re paint. I am not too interested in grinding the old stuff off, old paint=baaad mojo.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Hey buttercup you got that roof on yet ????? Winters coming on ! Be sure to holler when u get up here !
Not yet. Brake parts came in this week. I have a shoot this weekend so maybe get brakes done next week then I can work on roof. I'll be up middle of December for daughters graduation. I'll holler maybe we can smoke n joke a bit.

Rhino 5/4

Had to order a hub nut socket and an outer seal that was missing, supposed to be in today. We had another run this weekend in East Texas. Did a 20 mi, 15 shooting stages endurance hump Friday and a 12 mi, 12 shooting stages hump team yesterday. I shot better than previous runs, only DNF 1 stage friday and 4 stages yesterday, I guess a little practice does pay off. M725 still working well, I will be glad when we get the new engine, tranny and case in, had to brake and clutch with my heel because my toes were blistered up so bad hehehe.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks