• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buzzards Roost

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And your paint is up in BOWIE TX at rapcoparts.com its great paint cheap ive shot about 7 gallons of it a few years back of 383 green thats hanging on like a hair in a biskit ! He has it in spray cans or by the gallon ive used both and they are a GILLESPIE product i think its made in tyler the gallon cans are 59 so if you get 2 gallons gives you 10 qts of shootable paint with the laquer thinner mixed in ! Just call mark at 940-872-2403 he will fix u up !

Last edited:

Rhino 5/4

And your paint is up in BOWIE TX at rapcoparts.com its great paint cheap ive shot about 7 gallons of it a few years back of 383 green thats hanging on like a hair in a biskit ! He has it in spray cans or by the gallon ive used both and they are a GILLESPIE product i think its made in tyler the gallon cans are 59 so if you get 2 gallons gives you 10 qts of shootable paint with the laquer thinner mixed in ! Just call mark at 940-872-2403 he will fix u up !
Yes I have 2 gal at my office for the ambulance. It is good stuff.

Rhino 5/4

Had a great weekend despite a little body damage to myself. Procured some G177s for the 109 and finished welding the structure supports for the roofing. Got her back home and ready to figure out how the roofing and side trim will actually work out. Body carnage acutally looks worse than it really is... just some bruising and carpet burn from my britches leg. One of the tires fell over on my calf when we were loading them. Lesson learned.. Dont turn your back on a mounted G177, they will bite you HA! Will be a bit before more progress, have a RunnGun this weekend that might be interesting. 17 degree low temp, 6 mile hump with a jacked up leg hehehehe.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Had a great weekend despite a little body damage to myself. Procured some G177s for the 109 and finished welding the structure supports for the roofing. Got her back home and ready to figure out how the roofing and side trim will actually work out. Body carnage acutally looks worse than it really is... just some bruising and carpet burn from my britches leg. One of the tires fell over on my calf when we were loading them. Lesson learned.. Dont turn your back on a mounted G177, they will bite you HA! Will be a bit before more progress, have a RunnGun this weekend that might be interesting. 17 degree low temp, 6 mile hump with a jacked up leg hehehehe.
Dang @Rhino 5/4 , that looks pretty ugly!
I mean some of it looks like a burn more than a bruise.
Saw your comment about carpet burn from your britches leg - but da-yum!

Rhino 5/4

Dang @Rhino 5/4 , that looks pretty ugly!
I mean some of it looks like a burn more than a bruise.
Saw your comment about carpet burn from your britches leg - but da-yum!

its healing up nice. thinking when it hit it jearked it down fast enough to cause a lot of friction.
Wondering if @chucky has had any similar experiences! hehehehehehehe

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aw hell i had a set of mexican twins mark me up like that in phoenix one time and i paid them for it ! But they did show up in catoholic school girl uniforms ! Just rub some tussin on it it iLL be fine in a week or 3 ! Nice find on the new to u shoes and ya better cover your mouth and all breathing and running in those low temps will burn your lungs and they will look like your leg !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Rhino 5/4

I was at the same spot as this 4 days before that P.O.S. went off shooting everyone ! Theyre used to be a M1 Abram tan on the other side of the circle where the baptized in fire monument is (really cool )
I am going to see if I can make a field trip with my grandsons when it warms up. They have some nice old stuff scattered around the base too I was noticing.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Rhino 5/4

Good morning everyone, still pounding the courses but trying to get some green progress done. Went to Arkansas last weekend and had a great time. I bought a tan canopy for the deuce fropm a brother green owner to find out I already had a green one in my stuff from that I thought was for a trailer. It is actually a 5 ton canopy but I made it work. Planning on taking the deuce this weekend for the run this weekend. Started breaking down the 900s to sandblast the wheels for the 177s.20240217_084228.jpg20240217_103254.jpg20240217_111744.jpg20240219_223856.jpg20240219_223917.jpg20240221_065639.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you find the holster to fit your pistol /light rig ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found an OWB that I liked but no light so I pull it off and bought an OLITE warrior 3 to carry with my spare mag. It will burn facial tissue and through eye lids at 30 yards hehe.
You just keep training and i will just keep buying you ammo ! LOL

Rhino 5/4

Drove the ol girl 325 miles 7.5 hrs one way to and from West Texas for a run. She did great and I cannot wait to get the 109 up and going. So much more room than the M725 to stretch out and be comfortable. The weather was amazing, 80's during the day and 37 at night. Great bunch of people and the owners of the ranch were very friendly and helpful. 3rd generation owners, The ranch started off as 22k acres. It has been been divided up a bit with the family over the years but they have over 4500 acres. He showed us some Indian molcajetes and burn middens and I found a broken spear point on the trail too. Friday night we saw an alien portal being opened up and was quite an interesting site. When I asked the locals about it they said they have never seen anything like it before. I dont think anyone was abducted or probed or atleast admitted it, hehehe. 15 mile hump Friday and 6.2 Sunday, bolt broke on my AR Friday but was able to share a rifle to complete the course. Hope everyone hase a blessed week.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks