• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buzzards Roost

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had to order a hub nut socket and an outer seal that was missing, supposed to be in today. We had another run this weekend in East Texas. Did a 20 mi, 15 shooting stages endurance hump Friday and a 12 mi, 12 shooting stages hump team yesterday. I shot better than previous runs, only DNF 1 stage friday and 4 stages yesterday, I guess a little practice does pay off. M725 still working well, I will be glad when we get the new engine, tranny and case in, had to brake and clutch with my heel because my toes were blistered up so bad hehehe.
Man i get tired to just say 12 miles let alone attempt it ! Im glad your on my side MR. RHINO 5/4 maybe i can just sit and load mags for ya when the SHTF and light cigars and maybe do your long range work with my barney gun while you keep the tigers at the door tamed !lol

Rhino 5/4

Man i get tired to just say 12 miles let alone attempt it ! Im glad your on my side MR. RHINO 5/4 maybe i can just sit and load mags for ya when the SHTF and light cigars and maybe do your long range work with my barney gun while you keep the tigers at the door tamed !lol
I'm good with that. Not that great a shot but I make up in volume bajajaja.

Rhino 5/4

Greetings all, we went to Leakey TX for another run this past weekend and had a great time. Saturday was a team event and I got to run with a gentleman that retired from the Danish Army, awesome guy and good shooter. Hopefully get back on track in the next few days to get back on repairs of the Roost, all my parts came in so no more excuses. We had a new addion to the family on the 15th, Colby Savanna, 6.6#s of beautiful little girl. Thinking Im gonna have some seating isues. Maybe a twin 50 ball turret baby seat on top of the roost hehehe. Oh and I found some WC's if anyone is interested.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings all, we went to Leakey TX for another run this past weekend and had a great time. Saturday was a team event and I got to run with a gentleman that retired from the Danish Army, awesome guy and good shooter. Hopefully get back on track in the next few days to get back on repairs of the Roost, all my parts came in so no more excuses. We had a new addion to the family on the 15th, Colby Savanna, 6.6#s of beautiful little girl. Thinking Im gonna have some seating isues. Maybe a twin 50 ball turret baby seat on top of the roost hehehe. Oh and I found some WC's if anyone is interested.
Congrats on the new addition now keep her safe ! Do they do any drive by shooting matches so i dont have to run lol? Yall keep up the good work and i will keep buyin ammo to feed yall if we get invaded !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And i feel sure your still outside workin in Waco ! You got that roof on yet ???

Rhino 5/4

And i feel sure your still outside workin in Waco ! You got that roof on yet ???
Not yet. Did the FDC bypass, new master cylinder, airpack and a few other things. I needed to get it drivable so I can take it to the trailer builder to see if they have the parts I need. Hopefully do that Wed. Drove her to supper last night and stopped well. Happy New Year!!!
20231230_145113.jpg20231230_145127.jpg20231230_152038.jpg

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Good morning all. Moving along but slow. I believe we have found material to redo the roof but have some challenges to work through of course. The roof is pitched from the middle out slightly and will have to figure out how that is going to work out in the front and back and the 4 rounded corners are going to be a pain to make work out as well. We are going to roll some 16ga to weld in between the ribs for the top sheet to have support and the radius corner to lay against so I will have something rigid to rivet and tie everything together down the sides.
There is a lot of stuff that has been removed on the sides and have holes that will need to be filled in some manner, I am thinking of doing a bed liner on the outside of the box to help cover up any imperfections and weather seal the walls. Thinking of going back with OD 60s era paint for the cab but not sure how that will look with two different shades of green. Lining the whole truck be mo spensive I think. Thoughts from the community??

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning all. Moving along but slow. I believe we have found material to redo the roof but have some challenges to work through of course. The roof is pitched from the middle out slightly and will have to figure out how that is going to work out in the front and back and the 4 rounded corners are going to be a pain to make work out as well. We are going to roll some 16ga to weld in between the ribs for the top sheet to have support and the radius corner to lay against so I will have something rigid to rivet and tie everything together down the sides.
There is a lot of stuff that has been removed on the sides and have holes that will need to be filled in some manner, I am thinking of doing a bed liner on the outside of the box to help cover up any imperfections and weather seal the walls. Thinking of going back with OD 60s era paint for the cab but not sure how that will look with two different shades of green. Lining the whole truck be mo spensive I think. Thoughts from the community??
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...NKM5dCDAxVDRTABHVbOBroQ9aACKAB6BAgEEHc&adurl=s-l1600.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks