• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

coachgeo

Ive changed my mind im going to drill 1 hole and use a j hook to just go around the polished shaft of the cylinder then u just run the wingnut down to secure it to the cylinder !
look forward to pics of final working model with cab up and the lock bar in place. GREAT IDEA.

have braced before with long 2x4 and have it slide right out under dropping hydrualics, just missing crushing me. That was a Truck Bed Tilt box. All the 2x4 did was give me early warning that the thing was coming down.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
look forward to pics of final working model with cab up and the lock bar in place. GREAT IDEA.

have braced before with long 2x4 and have it slide right out under dropping hydrualics, just missing crushing me. That was a Truck Bed Tilt box. All the 2x4 did was give me early warning that the thing was coming down.
I had it in place but didnt take a picture i will put the j bolt in the brace and find some red paint and get a installed pic

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok heres the dims 2x18 total 2 in deep cut in x 1 1/2 wide opening you will need to test fit your truck to make sure on fit and i used 3/8 plate and until i make it to the store to get red paint i just put safety pink on the edge to not forget its there ( i always admired saftey pink bikinis on nice tan girls) ! I t will be mounted on the main frame so its always rite there when u jack the cab up and it doesnt get any easier to just spin the wing nut to snug the j bolt to the piston so it cant slip off the cylinder10F30B9D-EA23-4E5D-8031-6251447F2360.jpegB58C3E8E-3F49-4D3F-9F93-6A31D0D5606D.jpegFD9AD655-A590-456E-A5EC-42D35F05235B.jpeg

coachgeo

Ok heres the dims 2x18 total 2 in deep cut in x 1 1/2 wide opening you will need to test fit your truck to make sure on fit and i used 3/8 plate and until i ... cant slip off the cylinderView attachment 898826
instead or addition too J hook.... make whole thing from angle iron?? trim off one section where the Fork ends up. Would think it would add strength by increasing foot print.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simple, easy and effective. When are you making a limited run? Might be a market out there.
LOL Its like the MONA LISA there just 1 and my creations are free for all that want to copy it and improve apon ! This is my hobby and money would corrupt it ! No one would ever post their creations on fear of losing a dollar and we wouldnt have this place to hang out and keep all our imaginations clicking and feeding off the things we see here !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
instead or addition too J hook.... make whole thing from angle iron?? trim off one section where the Fork ends up. Would think it would add strength by increasing foot print.
I had that thought as well but the flatbar just jumped out there and said pic me ! pic me ! And if my head can support the cab i thought the 3/8 has no problem doing the job and the flat part will work into my mounting when not in use idea ! Laying mounted flat against the frame with the wing nut being what secures it to the frame ! And see its got you thinking /creating/ fabricating is what makes the world go round ! LOL it all turns into if your aunt had balls and a bullfrog had wings senario !

Guyfang

Staff member
LOL Its like the MONA LISA there just 1 and my creations are free for all that want to copy it and improve apon ! This is my hobby and money would corrupt it ! No one would ever post their creations on fear of losing a dollar and we wouldnt have this place to hang out and keep all our imaginations clicking and feeding off the things we see here !
Oh well, now I have to deposit the 10K I was going to offer as start up money. What a hassle.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uhmmmmm, no.......he probably didnt.....just sayin
Yea most have problems with just 1 in the house from time to time now put 30 or 40 in the same house going after the same man/target jockeying for position ! I bet he hid in the closet some days just to escape the drama and then OMG the 7 days a month they hang upside down from the ceiling i BET he was on his jet to anywhere USA for some peace ! Ive done tours where all my passengers were dancers/wardrobe/makeup and all girls OMG a cat fight every day of the 23 they love each other then 10 minutes after the first one gets their period the other 11 hit then it was on like CAGE FIGHTING THE OCTAGON ! LMAO !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well this isnt exactly on topic but everybody thats got a shop of any sise can build themselves one of these fairly cheap to take care of any lifting jobs you may have ! I built this to be able to lift auto bodies off the frames and pull motors /trans/transfer case ect. If your going to be lifting really heavy stuff be sure you have rated crossbars to hold what your doing or double cross bar to play it safe just keep an eye out for used racking near you at a good price and scrounge some heavy casters to put on the feet and your good to go !A5EE6615-E982-487A-87B8-74D2082BD0C7.png

coachgeo

Well this isnt exactly on topic but everybody thats got a shop of any sise can build themselves one of these fairly cheap to take care of any lifting jobs you may have ! I built this to be able to lift auto bodies off the frames and pull motors /trans/transfer case ect. If your going to be lifting really heavy stuff be sure you have rated crossbars to hold what your doing or double cross bar to play it safe just keep an eye out for used racking near you at a good price and scrounge some heavy casters to put on the feet and your good to go !View attachment 900450
great idea.. would get bit rusty here outside..... but still possible.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you were to trench out a roll path in the gravel and put outdoor pavers or stepping stones level with existing grade butted up to each other you could move the crane back or push the vehicle out from under the hoist so u could back a pick-up or trailer back under the hoist to set the load/motor/whatever down to go to where ever !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The racking is powder coated but you could bag your hoist from the weather when you wasnt using it ! I need to find me a chain bag for my hoist like the electric hoist have so just the up/down control chain is hanging outside the frame ! If yall were to start a go fund me account for me i could get a electric hoist and my hands wouldnt get dirty with my greasy chains !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks