• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Help in/near Central Louisiana

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Looks like just a bit of mud and water mix, lucky you did not loose a hub/wheel going home thinking it was ONLY ball joints

a175

Nefarious
Ne·far·i·ous/niˈfe(ə)rēəs/
Adjective: (of an action or activity) Wicked or criminal: "the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates".**More*»

Niferous
Nif•er•ous
My nickname. Means nothing in particular.
:beer:
Can I blame spell-check?:drool:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just a thougth but you might can get those parts at 4wheel parts wholesellers. they are out in cal but fast on the shipping.. now granted it has been many a year that i had to get small parts like those. fat lady sings

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might want to check on the condition of the original nuts that hold the spindle on. The ones that they sell now as a replacement looked cheesy to me, not near enough big around for me. I Red locktited my old ones in place and never had a problem.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any updates? just checking in to see .. i am guess now he needs to get some parts. does that truck have the small needle bearings under the spindle . the ones that go over the shaft. a small seal too. i have only worked on ford trucks .. that is the small stuff like what he is dealing with:p

a175

So, I've got bearings and seals, got new brake pads (might as well change them)... I know I need a new spindle and the spindle nuts/washer, probably need new locking hubs. Anything else that I should change out while I'm down there? Would like to make just one big order from the same place.

niferous

If you order a new spindle it will more than likely come with a new inner spindle bearing (the needle bearing mentioned) and the seals for it. Mine did. Plus I think you have to press them in anyhow. How do your hubs look? Mine looked ok until I needed to clean it getting ready to install. Once I cleaned off the grime I found a lot of boogered up gears.

a175

Yeah, I've noticed that some places let you order just the spindle/cotter pin/nut, and some you order the spindle as attached to the rotor thing. I'll probably go the latter route. As for the hubs, I haven't really gotten much of a look yet.

niferous

Something you may or may not have noticed on my post was that my new hub came with races already in the hub. No need to put in new ones. So I wound up with a bunch of races I didn't need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks