• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II (CUCV2) Dually

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in it Tuesday and it even sucked then. Not going back until 7July. Will be there for a week then back in GA permanently. Can't wait

Stonepicker1

Took a few pictures today. Engine looks good. Batteries will not take a charge.
Nice never used jack setup behind the seat.

Going to drop the fuel tank and make sure it's clean( fuel cap was missing and who knows what went into the tank )

To due list after cleaning tank is:
Replace fuel filter.
New Batteries.
Maybe new electric fuel pump.

And see what happens.

oh.....the dually bed is only bolted down with two bolts......looks like someone wanted to take the bed off for some reason.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Than is one clean looking 6.5L.

Smart call on the fuel tank. You could just take the bed off since they helped you already. :mrgreen:

Stonepicker1

Than is one clean looking 6.5L.

Smart call on the fuel tank. You could just take the bed off since they helped you already. :mrgreen:
I thought about removing the bed. Truck is still on the trailer and I'm almost have the tank dropped. I removed 20 gallons of clean looking fuel already which is a good sign.

Stonepicker1

Bought two new batteries today from pep boys...35% off on line. Great deal.

Installed the batteries, was going to replace the fuel filter but it is brand new. Air filter is new also. Looks like they just serviced the truck.

Primed the fuel system and turned the key.........it started right up and sounds great.:drool:

Put it into gear forward and reverse. All good.

Going to have to find a DUVAC to keep the drivers side battery charged.

Attachments

reaper556

amazing they sold and possibly already started cannibalizing such a low mirage ready to run truck. Stonepicker and guesses as to how many cucv II's of all types were produced vs how many are still in the channels to be sold yet?

Stonepicker1

amazing they sold and possibly already started cannibalizing such a low mirage ready to run truck. Stonepicker and guesses as to how many cucv II's of all types were produced vs how many are still in the channels to be sold yet?
Not a clue on numbers or type's out there.

This is the first Dually I have seen so I just had to have it.:wink:

FYI: the AC is blowing ice cold.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wonder if a battery equalizer would work in place of the duvac. I don't know anything about the duvac, so I'm just throwing it out there.

Stonepicker1

Upgraded my pump mounted PMD to a new Stanadyne gray PMD with #9 resistor mounted behind the front bumper.

So far I have went through two tanks of fuel. First tank I got 14.1 MPG.
Second tank I got 15.7 MPG.

Both times the average speed was around 70 MPH and all highway driving.

Truck is running great so far.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each truck is.going to need a spare transfer case at the rate you are going Phil. Dually looks mighty nice though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks