• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II (CUCV2) Dually

Stonepicker1

Just bought a new Sure Power Battery Equalizer off eB*y. Model# 12040E10. Paid $220 shipped. I think and hope it a good deal and can make it work.
installed the new Cooper Bussman equalizer 1204E10 tonight.
the Sure Power 41203 was missing and they don't make that DUVAC II anymore.

The passenger battery was at 12.25 volts before starting. After starting it went to 12.88 and 10 minutes later was at 13.18.

Voltage at the slave receptacle running was 27.35.

Picture of the DUVAC II was in the CUCV II Crew Cab. Glad I checked it. The 30amp fuse was blown.

Checked the pass side battery. 11.96 volts. Replaced the fuse and and it went to 12.42 after starting and 12.70 after 3 minutes. I'll let it run some tomorrow to charge the battery.

24volt gage now works in the Dually.:grin:

Attachments

Stonepicker1

So far the truck is running great. Had an injector sticking a little, but fixed that. Total of 8,400 miles now on the O-meter.

Equalizer is charging great.

Also, I have a bad Blackout Switch. If you touch it the lights will go out and takes forever to get them back on( moving the switch up and down ).
I tried looking for one on-line and couldn't find any in stock. I thought I had some spares and couldn't find them.

Well going through one of my draws in the garage looking for some Military wire connectors today, I find a new switch. :D

Time to switch it out.

Next on the list of to do's: Tint the windows and change all the fluids.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Had a leaking wheel seal on the rear axle on the passenger side.

There was a small spot of rust on the top of the axle shaft where the seal sits on. Took some super fine sand paper to knock it off and all looks good now.

Installed a new seal NSN: 5330-01-085-0918, P/N: 469694. And cleaned the brake pads.

No leaks now.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks