• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II Northern Europe Reconditioning

Another Ahab

And Ahab, better not touch the firewood, doing so is a really bad thing in germany ! ..people get really angry about that.. In some cases there are some lugs split, filled with blackpowder and then glued together again....imagine one of these blowing up in the cockle stove ...you better not take firewood which is not yours :D
I'm guessing that's an effective deterrent. Only you don't want to be the last one to get the word about it (might be too late).

Funny, because where I live neighbors who take down trees typically have it cut to firewood lengths. They leave it piled at the curb for the taking. It's a local understanding.

Every house in the area has one or more fireplaces. Usually all that wood is gone in a matter of days. Saves the homeowners the added expense of paying the true service companies to haul off the wood (kind of pricey).

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the photos!! Never knew that about firewood in Germany, learn sumptin every day. Driving down roads like that around here can lead to an unexpected house and home owner! LOL Let us know what the gauge and horn turns out to be. That is a nice truck.

Assel

I'm guessing that's an effective deterrent. Only you don't want to be the last one to get the word about it (might be too late).

Funny, because where I live neighbors who take down trees typically have it cut to firewood lengths. They leave it piled at the curb for the taking. It's a local understanding.

Every house in the area has one or more fireplaces. Usually all that wood is gone in a matter of days. Saves the homeowners the added expense of paying the true service companies to haul off the wood (kind of pricey).
Yeah well thats not really common to do so, but it happened (not like such a huge amout of it to blow up anything..just to scare off people who took several times :D) ..but if you need some and know the owner you may get really good prices on it, if they had to pay for removing the trees ...guess they would do the same as the people where you live ^^

And that Trucks color is really nice, I thought of painting my Audi like this, almost peferct Camo for the Quarry ..would not see anymore if its dirty or not :D

datadawg

Took a picture of a "Fotographier & Film Verbot" (NO photos NO videos!) sign, what a rebell :D

And Ahab, better not touch the firewood, doing so is a really bad thing in germany ! ..people get really angry about that.. In some cases there are some lugs split, filled with blackpowder and then glued together again....imagine one of these blowing up in the cockle stove ...you better not take firewood which is not yours :D
That is pretty funny.

Nico

Today:
-New Front Wheel Bearings, Timken SP580303 + 02 Front Hub Assembly

-New Break Pads and Disk, Z36 Powerstop Front 1-Click Extreme Truck And Tow Brake Kits - K1992-36
-New WindscreenWipers...so quiet ;-)

I hope Powerstop is a good brand,
i liked that they offer a complete set for the Breakjob with drilled and slotted disk so i decidet to buy them.
the horn workes today...

Nico

We had a little Ralley.
750miles, the II did well. about 18-19MPG on the Autobahn (60-75MPH)
No Death Wobble anymore and the New Breaks are petty good. Normal Oil consumption.
I would be Happy if it stays like this.

10422405_757589484354214_4530620239942624408_n.jpg10997808_757589117687584_4342480806173204657_n.jpg10308192_951535831523383_6045523117695093027_n.jpg

Nico

electric gremlins again:
we went to the so called "oldtimer tankstelle/gasstation" a place for automobile culture:
IMG_5426.jpgIMG_5399.jpgIMG_5389.jpgIMG_5581.jpg

after spending some hours there the batteries where dead...
we tryed to jumpstart the 12v passenger side but it did not work.

IMG_5583.jpg

so i called my friend pascal and he gave me 24v on the batteries...that finally woked.
IMG_5586.jpg
IMG_5592.jpg
at home again i find out that the driverside batt was completly dead.
...and that the gen was remanufacted
IMG_5588.jpg
IMG_5590.jpg
i cleaned the terminals again
and used some batterie clamp grease to be sure the contacts are working.
IMG_5764.jpgIMG_5765.jpg
that worked pretty good but something still sucking the batteries dry.
even with black out switch "all off"
now i load the cucv II permanent with this construction:
IMG_6362.jpgIMG_6411.jpgIMG_6410.jpgstromkabel24v-2.jpg

Last edited:

Nico

New Brearings and Brakes Pads and Rotors
IMG_5270.jpgIMG_5269.jpg

after another 1100km on the autobahn the left front tire began to wobble extremly.
the time was up for a new set bfg at`s either way
IMG_6441.jpgIMG_6445.jpgIMG_6467.jpgIMG_6468.jpgIMG_6469.jpgIMG_6470.jpgIMG_6471.jpg

engine and transmission oil change today...

Last edited:

Nico

Thx Cpt. Ahab. I do my best.
i did read in a stonepicker post, that he had some problems with a dead driver side batt, because of some melted fuses on the 24v converter. I am going to check that soon.
it is like riding on a cloud with the new tires. A Pretty remarkable difference.

Nico

i checked the floor after 1 year fighting the rust.
still ok, but it was wet under the rubber mat.
leaky like the old cucv :-/
any idea where to look?
the passenger side got more moisture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks