• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

As a long time ago, I did not write anything here)))
My new job is picks up all leisure time ... need to find a couple of hours to give you new information in this topic and the topic of fire engines ...:lol::lol::lol:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Family and job comes first, thanks for this thread and the GREAT info in it. [thumbzup]

USSR

I also found my sister, who had gone to the U.S. in 1997 .. She is now lives in Texas, married to a real Yankee)) - he loves guns)) .. She invited me to visit))))[thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
College Station, Texas (Facebook page says)

And her husband had written another city - Bryan, Texas))) I'll ask her - I will write later)

That's about 288 miles/463 Kilometers from here.
There are several other SteelSoldiers Members in and around College Station, TX.
If you ever come this far to visit your sister, I would surely do my best to make that "short" trip to see and meet you.

USSR

Bryan and College Station are adjacent cities. they actually touch each other with no undeveloped territory in between them. Virutally "connected" urban areas.
You could easily "cross a street" and change cities.
Yes, my sister wrote that this the cities they call "sister cities".

Recon Charlie Alpha

Yes, agree,, very interesting and very kind of you to post up this info.

Your english translation is excellent and very read-able.

I think the specs for the ZIS are conservative,

"Overcoming obstacles - a trench 1.5 m, 0.6 m vertical wall, the rise of 35 degrees, lateral inclination of 25 degrees, water - 1m."

Ill bet she can corss streams deeper than 1m:driver:

USSR

Thanks for all the pictures and hope you can visit your sister soon.
In this year will hardly come out. I opened a new business and needed to give this much time.
I've thought maybe my sister will help me to understand the terms of delivery trucks and jeeps of the Soviet army to the U.S. (me ask how can buy a Ural or KRAZ)

USSR

By the way, has found an interesting video.
Tanks in ballet action: Video of 'armor dance' staged by Bolshoi director
Tanks can not only crush and destroy. Tanks can dance and waltz - as seen at the annual military technology show at the Zhukovsky test center near Moscow. The "dancing tanks" show has been produced by Bolshoi Theater choreographer Andrey Melanyin.

This team set a world record of synchronicity.
On the Russian forum found a photo report about the event - i open a separate topic:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/russian-eastern-block-vehicles/90630-modern-russian-army-photos.html
[media] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PqJkXNkCpk[/media]

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks