• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As some of you know I am building a house near the farm park, I clocked out the drive at about 28 miles. I have talked to my friend Blake, and we would like to put on a little BBQ at the homesite for those who are interested. Maybe if it works well, do it every year!

I would want to do a convoy from the camp to the house, enjoy the best BBQ, and then convoy back. I am thinking Friday afternoon/evening, but am open to Saturday. I have to confirm with Blake numbers and the day for sure within a couple weeks so chime in!

So the question is: How many people are going to be there and would be interested in a convoy and BBQ. I have plenty of room for trucks/vehicles and it is certainly a beautiful drive. I'm thinking about 20 or so would be a great number, but lets see.

I know in GA rally, the Hardball Convoy is one of my favorite times, and I want to try and start something here in NC. Would love to have any and all Mil vehicles, and all are invited.

Please let me or wilfreeman know as he will be assisting also. I think this could be a great time and possibly a great tradition, so here we go..........

Last edited:

wilfreeman

As some of you know I am building a house near the farm park, I clocked out the drive at about 28 miles. I have talked to my friend Blake, and we would like to put on a little BBQ at the homesite for those who are interested. Maybe if it works well, do it every year!

I would want to do a convoy from the camp to the house, enjoy the best BBQ, and then convoy back. I am thinking Friday afternoon/evening, but am open to Saturday. I have to confirm with Blake numbers and the day for sure within a couple weeks so chime in!

So the question is: How many people are going to be there and would be interested in a convoy and BBQ. I have plenty of room for trucks/vehicles and it is certainly a beautiful drive. I'm thinking about 20 or so would be a great number, but lets see.

I know in GA rally, the Hardball Convoy is one of my favorite times, and I want to try and start something here in NC. Would love to have any and all Mil vehicles, and all are invited.

Please let me or wilfreeman know as he will be assisting also. I think this could be a great time and possibly a great tradition, so here we go..........
Hey Pat, I'll wait a couple of days before I post to G503 - probably won't have a problem quickly getting up to around 20 Steel Soldiers. There are only about 5-6 G503 guys that I will definitely want to invite if they confirm they are coming (they are supposedly driving from Michigan and Indiana). I'll cover them.

Put me down for the bbq driving the deuce, as I don't know if I'm bringing the Jeep or not.

Last edited:

MDSA

Love to make the convoy and BBQ, but by time I get off work on Friday, get home, load the cooler and drive the Deuce to Denton, it will be at least 6:30. More likely later. But Lord willing, I'll be there for the show.

Andrmorr

Love to make the convoy and BBQ, but by time I get off work on Friday, get home, load the cooler and drive the Deuce to Denton, it will be at least 6:30. More likely later. But Lord willing, I'll be there for the show.
I'm sure quite a few people are in this boat which would makes a good case for having the convoy Sat night.

wilfreeman

I'm sure quite a few people are in this boat which would makes a good case for having the convoy Sat night.
A late afternoon convoy is not out of the question. We discussed doing that. I guess it depends on what the majority of the participants want to do. Just consider that it will be a convoy of MVs driving back at night without police blocking intersections - a LOT easier for us to get separated. We would also have to take a different route, instead of through town to avoid traffic problems.

Last edited:

Andrmorr

yes most likely. As there is "really" only one full day that everyone is there I don't want to detract from that. We got a week or so to sort it out. Let's see how it plays out.

Ahh... Sooo...Grasshoppa understand now.

If one drives a MV to the show, what is the correct procedure once arriving.
Is there a separate parking area or entrance...
Do we need to coordinate with POC ahead of time...
Is a military vehicle considered an exhibit which make the driver the exhibitor...
Sorry for the newby questions, just didn't want to muck things up upon arrival...

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We can certainly do another convoy just because. The BBQ is kind of mine and Matts thing we wanted to do. It's not really part of the "official" happenings. It will be in Friday. I hope as many as possible can make it and I love convoys so we could do another one just to a good photo spot or something on Saturday but I really want and need to do the BBQ on Friday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks