• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

motorstormer

I think we discussed it earlier in the thread, but nothing major. We put a lot of time and effort into these trucks, don't exactly want to hem them up on some rocks.
I wasn't referring to the trail ride I don't think I'll be able to make it in time for that any way. I was talking about if I buy a trail pass and go out on some of the other trails. I did read the rest of this thread before posting my questions.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasn't referring to the trail ride I don't think I'll be able to make it in time for that any way. I was talking about if I buy a trail pass and go out on some of the other trails. I did read the rest of this thread before posting my questions.
ohh... my bad in interpretation. Someone else will have to answer as I haven't been out to Uwaharee for actual off roading.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ohh... my bad in interpretation. Someone else will have to answer as I haven't been out to Uwaharee for actual off roading.
The trails vary in difficulty. There are a couple of them that you can do without any worry. I used to take my lifted suburban in there and do a couple of the easier trails and camp out overnight. The joke about Uwharrie is that the place "grows rocks". If you look at the trail map, I used to take my suburban through the lower loop, which looks like Falls Dam and Dickey Bell. It's been roughly 4 years since I have been in there though so it may have changed a little. One of the most popular place to buy a pass for the trails or shooting range is called the Trading Post. There will be people there who can give you some guidance on the trails. Depending on when you were going to try and go, one of the guys who will be at the rally (Michael) is very knowledgeable about Uwharrie and can fill you in too.

Al Harvey

Okay, well I'm planning on making this rally this year. So far I've only gone to the Ga Rally, but have been wanting to attend others. Thank you to everyone who has posted a ton of information. The only question I have is about internet access. Is there WiFi available and how is the phone reception? My better half is planning on coming but do to school she will need internet. I'll start posting up in the Buy Sell Trade soon. Look forward to seeing everyone.

tacticalmike

Okay, well I'm planning on making this rally this year. So far I've only gone to the Ga Rally, but have been wanting to attend others. Thank you to everyone who has posted a ton of information. The only question I have is about internet access. Is there WiFi available and how is the phone reception? My better half is planning on coming but do to school she will need internet. I'll start posting up in the Buy Sell Trade soon. Look forward to seeing everyone.

your welcome and thank you! hope to see yall there.

Another Ahab

Hey, she's a good sport. Good for her!

CGarbee

Denton MKT Menu
April 2016

Wednesday Supper
Fajitas (pork/mushroom/onion/pepper)

Thursday Breakfast
Eggs
Grits
Sausage
Biscuits

Thursday Lunch
Italian Sausage (with Peppers/Onions)
Salad
Chips

Thursday Supper
Beef Stroganoff (Noodles)
Salad
Rolls

Friday Breakfast
Eggs
Oatmeal
Bacon
Biscuits

Friday Lunch
Hotdogs
Salad
Chips

Friday Supper
Offsite: MKT is closed

Saturday Breakfast
Eggs
Pancakes
Grits
Bacon/Sausage

Saturday Lunch
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers
Salad
Chips

Saturday Supper (I have not decided on this yet, let me know what youprefer when you sign up).
Chicken and Rice
Salad
Rolls
OR
Seafood Boil (corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp)
Salad
Rolls

Sunday Breakfast
Eggs
Grits
Bacon
Pork Loin

Tea, Coffee, Lemonade on tap from Breakfast until after Supper
Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)

I’m thinking that if you sign up in advance (at least a week ahead oftime) that we’ll go with $6/Meal.
Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may nothave chow for you…
Get enough folks to sign up in advance, and I am likely to add a few items to each meal's offerings... ;)

If you want to use Paypal:
cgarbee@ipass.net
Make sure that you put a note in saying who you are...
Also, send me a PM so that I can confirm your starting and ending meals...etc.

Last edited:

CGarbee

I should add that my work schedule is pretty hectic these days (my supervisor is getting very near retirement and has a bunch of stuff he wants to get done before he sails off into the sunset...) so I am not checking this page every day...
The best way to ensure that I have you on the MKT list is to send me a PM and to get a reply...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 610080

Front and back.

If anyone is familiar with Challenge Coins, I finally have the proofs back and will have 50 of these coins available for $16 each. These will most likely go fast.
Coins and shirts are ordered. I will be doing a separate thread for pre-order. Quantities are limited, so pre orders would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks