• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

RAYZER

The Teflon plates are the way to go; no mess. They are about $20 at Weldon truck parts. Make sure you get the retaining ring with it. In a pinch you can use a poly mud flap.

When are you taking it for a test drive with the trailer? We need to take pictures and video of the maiden voyage.
I think i want one of those tefflon plates! The thought of slathering axle grease on my fresh paint is not a pleasant one. Does the plate attach to the trailer or truck? test drive real soon!

New top is on!!

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think i want one of those tefflon plates! The thought of slathering axle grease on my fresh paint is not a pleasant one. Does the plate attach to the trailer or truck?
Teflon attaches to the fifth wheel - don't think they come in OD though :( !

Nice new top! NOS or reman?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Teflon plate goes on the trailer. There's a hole in the middle the king pin goes through and the retaining ring holds the plate to the king pin. If you are going to couple and un-couple a lot you can put counter sunk screws around the edge of the disc and fasten it to the trailer to keep it from getting torn up.

I can take a picture of the one I have if you like. You can probably Google them.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Teflon plate goes on the trailer. ................counter sunk screws around the edge of the disc and fasten it .

My bad, and I stand corrected - I thought I had seen them (never used them) on fifth wheels with button/T-head type screws.

RAYZER

Today i was out at the lz wrapping up some details on the tractor! Oddball stopped by to change a tire on his 818,and dhennon and tow4 showed up to lend some tecnicle advice and moral support.
Applied some painted on graphics but have a few left,due to rain,and managed to do the front axle brake service.
I have been driving it around for the past few days,she's running really well and hauls azz because of the bigger tires and reduced weight!
Tomorrow,i will be driving her in the Sanford Memorial Day Parade for her first official outing!

Attachments

Last edited:

RAYZER

The Teflon plates are the way to go; no mess. They are about $20 at Weldon truck parts. Make sure you get the retaining ring with it. In a pinch you can use a poly mud flap.

When are you taking it for a test drive with the trailer? We need to take pictures and video of the maiden voyage.
Got one!

Attachments

RAYZER

Worked all morning wrapping up some details on the tractorthis truck is finally together!! hooked the trailer up and took it for its very first road trip as a rig, went about 5 miles in the pouring down rain,the rig performed flawless with power to spare,tomorrow im taking off to a rally 90 miles away,wish me luck!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ray,

Just saw the picture, Looks sweet, like they were meant for each other.

Help me find 10 tires as nice as yours. I am sure the difference is like night and day.:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

hemichallenger

Today i was out at the lz wrapping up some details on the tractor! Oddball stopped by to change a tire on his 818,and dhennon and tow4 showed up to lend some tecnicle advice and moral support.
Applied some painted on graphics but have a few left,due to rain,and managed to do the front axle brake service.
I have been driving it around for the past few days,she's running really well and hauls azz because of the bigger tires and reduced weight!
Tomorrow,i will be driving her in the Sanford Memorial Day Parade for her first official outing!
It was by far the best looking truck at the parade. Great job.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hay rayzer, john has six brand new xl's that would look great on your trailer, as well as then the trailer and truck would match tire type and size wise. Just a thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks