• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce road tractor conversion

RAYZER

Ray is that a heater I see. I cant believe most of the trucks in Florida have heat. The truck looks good. Whats next or are you finally done..?
Yes Don,it has a heater with a defrost!! The truck is 99.99% done!! I'll be changing out the old sprag tc with an air shift one before the GA rally this year.
:grd:

RAYZER

ya built yourself an M48 ;-)
The M48 is the standard wheel base 2.5t tractor, The M275 is the short wheel base tractor. To my knowledge they didn't make an extended or long wheel based tractor . . .
You are correct sir! However it will always just be a m48 / m275 wanabe!

I have some pics I'll add shortly, of a few upgrades.

RAYZER

A few upgrades!!

Filtered Wmo transfer using in tank pump, from left to right side with inline filter/ water seperater (for polishing already filtered wmo).

Removable work light with coiled cord.

Fog lights. uploadfromtaptalk1354323752158.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354323771891.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354323798926.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354324130337.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354324168419.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354324188459.jpg

Mermite can and custom fabricated mount, ( for cold beer and sandwiches!! )

RAYZER

Interesting setup for the WMO... any other pictures of the install or how it sits... Looks good!
Thanks! Those are the only pics i have of the wmo transfer setup, again, it's not a process filtration setup, just a transfer for previously filtered wmo into the main tank.

RAYZER

Beautiful Truck. How Much time do you think you have invested in this project?
Thankyou Sir! There must be 1000 man hrs involved in this build, she's my main driver now and ive put around 4000 miles on her since finished.
uploadfromtaptalk1383517465090.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383517599377.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383517636114.jpg
Here's my answer for a tow bar mount, the safty chain is under there too.

iatractor

Looking good. Now this is the kind of modification that I like. It looks like it belongs in the military, yet it is practical for your use, and I love the tires.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thankyou Sir! There must be 1000 man hrs involved in this build
I don't doubt that one bit.

When I first saw this truck before Ray bought it, I thought "what a piece of (insert four letter descriptive word here)". But Ray had the talent and put the effort into making it something anyone would be proud to own.

Way to go Ray!!! [thumbzup]

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, did you do any reworking of the motor? Did you add any spin on Filters or make any modifications to the motor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks