• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce w/ hiab 950 knuckleboom

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, is this truck still for sale? If not will it be at the GA rally? I have..........another canned motor I need to move at the rally.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Joel, is this truck still for sale? If not will it be at the GA rally? I have..........another canned motor I need to move at the rally.
I'm not looking to sell it, but if someone wants it bad enough I could be talked out of it. I(it) will be at the rally.
So, is the tank designed to be installed vertically?
yes it is from a m1084/86 (FMTV 5ton with MHC)

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I had planned to remount the crane in it's final position today, but as usual anytime I have time to work on the truck it rains. I did drop off the spacers, and remover the rubber bumpers between the frame rails and cab (the ones that are roughly 1' from the rear of the cab). I also moved the cradle the boom nests on to the opposite side of the pedestal so it will be on the correct side when I remount, as the crane is on backwards now.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I dismounted the boom, got the spacers installed, and remounted the boom today it was on backwards. The bolts I got were not long enough, so I will try and get some more tomorrow.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
above the skew cylinders on the driver's side close to the cab

Edit: I also pull started a deuce for the first time today (they moved the truck and managed to leave the lights on)

Attachments

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the boom is bolted down :grin:, the pump is mounted and connected to the pto. Hopefully the tank will be mounted/ plumbed tomorrow.
all of my rivet holes in the top spacer lined up. I wasn't quite as accurate on the bottom (ended up slotiing them a little)

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I operated the crane using the truck’s power for the first time today. :-D Everything works, but the cylinder that extends the jib leaks badly when extending the second stage. Looks like I will start repacking cylinders sooner than I had hoped.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that you have spent a lot of time and effort into fixing up your pipeline bed, but the 950 being so heavy and taking up so much space behind the cab, why not consider an M105 bed?
The pipeline bed weighs about 2,000 lb all by itself..maybe more.