• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with Cummins 6BT Info thread

rustystud

May I ask how you came to that conclusion?:?
By the shift pattern, but I was "assuming" they would use regular deuce parts. What year was this truck made ? The NV4500 transmission came out in 1992 and is only rated to 14,500 GVW. Way to low for the deuce. I suppose they could have used a newer Spicer or Eaton or Fuller or who knows what. I need to see some pictures of the transmission to know for sure.

After looking at the picture again I wonder if the last number is an "O" for overdrive or a "5" like I originally thought.

Last edited:

GM-M1008

I'm not saying it is a nv4500, just seems like it. The truck is titled as a 1992. When I get under it I'll let ya know what it is. I haven't had the time to mess with it much

rustystud

I'm not saying it is a nv4500, just seems like it. The truck is titled as a 1992. When I get under it I'll let ya know what it is. I haven't had the time to mess with it much
If this transmission is really an overdrive unit and the transfer-case is in the same location as our regular deuces and the engine seems to be in the same location, then this transmission could be a great replacement for our Spicer 3053 ! As everyone knows it is the limited space our deuce has that determines what transmissions we can use.
Please get pictures of this transmission !

gentrysgarage

I can help you with a picture of an NV4500 which is an OK transmission for light trucks, but I will call your attention to the replacement, the black one. Downfalls of the NV are carbon fiber sychros that require special oil and the original mainshaft spins 5th gear off.
IMG_0412.jpg

Jeepsinker

Are you sure that isn't an 8.3l Cummins in there? It sure looks like it with the turbo slung high like it is. I like that it is intercooled too. I didn't think there was room for an intercooler with stock sheet metal and grill on these trucks.

Sephirothq

I have an M36E3 with similar upgrades, I wish I have the 5.9 cummins in mine, but it has a Cat 3116. It does have the ZF 5 speed manual trans. I am hoping to bob the truck this summer.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post a part number from that 5 speed tranny, please? The Ford 7.3 Powerstrokes could be had with a ZF 5-speed, if I am not mistaken. Probably not the same tranny.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder what the rear motor mounts look like. I believe bell housings have SAE mounts that have 4 bolts/studs, then the "legs" mount to those to hang the engine in. If that was the case that somebody wanted to put a 6BT or other engine in a deuce, would they use the cummins bell housing with deuce mounts? Post a picture of the rear motor mounts if you can please and thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks