• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with Cummins 6BT Info thread

GM-M1008

and my one piece wheels, which i am looking for 1 or 2(one rim is messed up and i don't have a spare) unless i find a set of g177 then ill go duals which id rather.

The second Picture is the messed up wheel. You can see the piece welded in the center.

Attachments

Last edited:

VenomInjected

Just so everyones aware.... some anomalies came about....

That ZF looks to be setup with "gasser" gear ratios... NOT the diesel ratio commonly found in 7.3 diesels...

1307 050 053 7.5L Big Block Ford - 4 x 2 - 5.72-0.76 - Speedo: 7 Tooth

I have a Ford ZF S542 "smallblock" with gasser ratios also... but its the same trans with just the SBF pattern integrated into the bellhousing case.

I also have a Cummins 5.9 infront of it....

Granted this is all in my baby 5/4 ton M-715... not a duece....

m71512.jpg

m7152.jpg

big block 88

You are all aware how hard zf parts are to come by now and it will only get worse. Just did a clutch on powerstroke with a zf6. Took some serious hunting to find the clutch fork. And even a pivot ball (ford uses stupid plastic) wasnt easy to find around here.

big block 88

and my one piece wheels, which i am looking for 1 or 2(one rim is messed up and i don't have a spare) unless i find a set of g177 then ill go duals which id rather.

The second Picture is the messed up wheel. You can see the piece welded in the center.
i dont like the 1 piece wheels but thats just me. Why would you dump beadlocks? I understand not wanting to run the split rims as most folks around here wont touch them.

On your g177 tires get with Wes. He sent me pics with plenty of 177 tires in them. Im very happy with what i payed for 395's

GM-M1008

i dont like the 1 piece wheels but thats just me. Why would you dump beadlocks? I understand not wanting to run the split rims as most folks around here wont touch them.

On your g177 tires get with Wes. He sent me pics with plenty of 177 tires in them. Im very happy with what i payed for 395's

Id rather have duals than singles. I hate singles and the only way I’ll keep them is if I find a rim so I have six good ones

VenomInjected

You are all aware how hard zf parts are to come by now and it will only get worse. Just did a clutch on powerstroke with a zf6. Took some serious hunting to find the clutch fork. And even a pivot ball (ford uses stupid plastic) wasnt easy to find around here.

Hmmm.. the ZF5 was in Ford from 89 thru the late 90's (F150's included in some apps)... My part availability and rebuild kits/gears/synchros are easily found online.

EDIT: Reread your comment.... ZF6 was only made for a few years and only in a few small applications....

There are more ZF5's out there than probably GM and Dodge NV4500's combined in just production numbers alone.

Given that the ZF S542 and ZF S547 are used over in europe, US, and other markets.... my ZF5 availability regarding parts as been simple... if not in stock locally also.

Last edited:

big block 88

Zf5 is a decent trans i would rather have a nv4500 for durability with bigger power. My point with the zf6 post was the fact that around here you can buy the trans cheap as all get out and it seems like a good deal till you need parts and cant find them.

gentrysgarage

Yess more pics Please!

Could you post a picture of the jack-shaft and transfer-case ? Also pictures of the engine mounts would be great.
Thanks.
I am also interested in these pictures. I will be installing a Cummins soon in my M135 and would like to see how Uncle Sam carried it out on your truck.
Thanks!
PS any part numbers on the intercooler...measurements?

Last edited:

peashooter

Here’s the trans mission. I currently have the truck tore apart for a new frame. So if you want to see something let me know cuz all the sheet metal is off it .
I know this is an older thread but do you have any more pictures of the transmission & engine mounting of this setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks