• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankem-Deep

Here are some more pics of the steps after completion and mock up. I think they will look really good once they are painted!!

Attachments

Shankem-Deep

Some more:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slider, looks good, I would spray rustolium primer on anything you ship out and let the customer choose what to paint, I am a welder of raw steel in my trade so I know first hand about flash rust. I know when my friends see your sliders they will have to get a pair as well. Shipping money sent. I will post pictures on this thread of the finished installed product.

Shankem-Deep

Slider, looks good, I would spray rustolium primer on anything you ship out and let the customer choose what to paint, I am a welder of raw steel in my trade so I know first hand about flash rust. I know when my friends see your sliders they will have to get a pair as well. Shipping money sent. I will post pictures on this thread of the finished installed product.
Great point on the primer. It was too cold last night to paint but it has warmed up nicely today. I will shoot some primer on them before the truck picks them up.

truck1

Shankem-Deep,
Many thanks for the detailed pics and material list for a great design.After studying this thread,I am going to fab up a set myself.I am a old metalman by trade,and after visualizing the paper templates for the angles of cuts required,I'm gonna give it a go.Thanks again for such great pics and descriptions of this project.
Regards,Truck1

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also of note: Don't forget the feedback for any slider system you build. Patracy just revamped the site to include feedback and there has been a few threads lately about dissatisfied sellers and buyers so the feedback system is important.2cents

Shankem-Deep

Shankem-Deep,
Many thanks for the detailed pics and material list for a great design.After studying this thread,I am going to fab up a set myself.I am a old metalman by trade,and after visualizing the paper templates for the angles of cuts required,I'm gonna give it a go.Thanks again for such great pics and descriptions of this project.
Regards,Truck1
Your welcome buddy! Any questions on your build, just ask!

Shankem-Deep

Also of note: Don't forget the feedback for any slider system you build. Patracy just revamped the site to include feedback and there has been a few threads lately about dissatisfied sellers and buyers so the feedback system is important.2cents
Another good point Don. I always listen to people's suggestions and ideas when I'm doing a project. There's always room for improvement.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am proud to say I am the recipient of Shankem-Deep's first set of sliders, # 1.

He sprayed industrial gray primer on them when banded and shipped. He has kept in contact all the way through and has been a good troop. I was amazed at the quality construction and the careful shipping details. These suckers are heavy.

Thanks man. I will post pictures of the install. Keep up the good work...!

Shankem-Deep

Awesome!!! Glad you got them! The steps will need to be put back on the outside of the slider body, I reversed them to minimize shipping size. I will answer any question you may have on your install. Just call if you need me.
Thanks buddy!
Darren

unaffiliated

I too am amazed at the quality of your welds. I have been MIG welding for 30 years and I just hate to see chicken scratch welds. Yours are beautiful. I also ship stuff all over the world with my used parts business and have had to come up with some creative shipping methods. You have exercised extreme professionalism in every aspect of the build. I want a set very badly and will save up the cash for them someday. I am self employed and as another member pointed out, I get paid weekly , very WEAKly!! One day I WILL have a set of these. I wanted to inquire about your cut-off saw. What kind of blade is that? It looks similar to a wood cutting blade and makes some nice cuts. My cut-off uses the traditional blade. Very nice shop too. I have shop envy. Signing the back is a nice touch. Keep up the good work. CF.

Shankem-Deep

I too am amazed at the quality of your welds. I have been MIG welding for 30 years and I just hate to see chicken scratch welds. Yours are beautiful. I also ship stuff all over the world with my used parts business and have had to come up with some creative shipping methods. You have exercised extreme professionalism in every aspect of the build. I want a set very badly and will save up the cash for them someday. I am self employed and as another member pointed out, I get paid weekly , very WEAKly!! One day I WILL have a set of these. I wanted to inquire about your cut-off saw. What kind of blade is that? It looks similar to a wood cutting blade and makes some nice cuts. My cut-off uses the traditional blade. Very nice shop too. I have shop envy. Signing the back is a nice touch. Keep up the good work. CF.
I really appreciate the comments you guys leave. They mean a lot to me. I really try to make good parts! I am a machinist/programmer by trade so I am still new to welding, so thanks for the encouragement. The saw is a Evolution Rage II. It uses a carbide tooth blade. It is a low rpm saw designed for the carbide blade. You can make straight accurate cuts without having to deburr. I don't use my abrasive saw anymore. So far it has been an excellent saw.

Thanks,
Darren

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think shipping was $76.00 to zip 48348 SE Michigan. I feel like a kid again, Boys and their Toys. I plan on having a M-1028 with a 6" lift in my neighbors heated garage to paint and install next week. I will gladly post the install pictures. I already bought the steel to fabricate and install connecting cross members front, mid and back.

Last edited:

Shankem-Deep

I think shipping was $76.00 to zip 48348 SE Michigan. I feel like a kid again, Boys and their Toys. I plan on having a M-1028 with a 6" lift in my neighbors heated garage to paint and install next week. I will gladly post the install pictures. I already bought the steel to fabricate and install connecting cross members front, mid and back.

I think the shipping to the 48348 Zip was more like $132. I can't wait to see what mods your making to yours!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.