• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Accessory Belt Driven Clutched Hydraulic Pump

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, thanks for the link, jealous that you can drive to my new favorite store over lunch!

Even my cheap a$$ thought $550 was a good price.
This would be excellent for a snow plow, not having to worry about going over 1800rpm.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may just hit you up on that. This option is still better than a 24v power unit mounted in the toolbox.

You are a wealth of knowledge and an asset to this community.

Ill draw you a picture if you don’t understand.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, if you can drive that, you don’t need no stinking reverse!
Hopefully it’s fully synchronized, for when you miss...

74M35A2

When I do the transplant, I’m going to stick a plunger on top of the 13 speed up through the cab floor. You guys are going to love it.

74M35A2

I may just hit you up on that. This option is still better than a 24v power unit mounted in the toolbox.

You are a wealth of knowledge and an asset to this community.

Ill draw you a picture if you don’t understand.
Love it (picture). I just like to guess at everything, and fool everybody. Most people just think I’m an a$$, not a community treasure. :)

74M35A2

Sorry I may have double posted this. I did not because I have a 925a2. I did put this setup on two Cummins ISB gets engines at work though, and they work perfect.

8madjack

I do like this option better than going through the hassle of setting up the PTO unless there's an advantage to running the PTO That I don't know about.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pto has more hp. Higher volume pumps.

Engine driven pump can only do so much. Hint as to why the unimogs only get 9gpm from the engine pump and 40gpm from the rear pto.

You can get a bigger crank pulley and it will increase flow as well on the engine driven unit.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
so it will run the 5 ton winch tho correct? found this other pump that has a higher out put so might be better
Gpm = speed. You can run a 5 ton winch on a 6hp 1 cylinder diesel engine. It will be just slow.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so it will run the 5 ton winch tho correct? found this other pump that has a higher out put so might be better
3.9 Amps will never run a 5 ton winch!

But seriously though, that pump should do decent, assuming the belt and clutch can handle it? Maybe 74M35A2 can shed some light on this?

The pump on my M925a2 is rated at 27 GPM and 3000 PSI @ 3000 RPM pulling 63 HP, but is regulated down to 1800 PSI for the winch.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks