• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Rally is On!

poppop

I have been keeping up on this and I think it is time for my useless 2 cents worth. Mike started this rally and since I am having 40 antique tractors here at my place Saturday and 100 people i know what it takes to put on an event. I came to the Fl Rally a couple years ago and had a blast and I did not even start my truck once I arrived. My Wife and I were welcomed by the group and I meet a lot of people I am good friends with today. Yes trails rides are great, that is my main goal at the Ga Rally, but it does not take trail rides to make a great event, it only takes great people. Organize a ride to Richloam and have fun. But base it out of Mike's Rally. If thats not aceptable then someone organize another Rally to do that and not take over Mike's. And yes this is Mike's Rally because he opened up his family's land and hospitality to a group of strangers. I understand about the drunk and other curious people as we had one drunk show up when I was there and protest our presents there. Mike handled that situation well with Kenny the police officer watching closely from nearby. That drunk came back the next day and apoligised to the group.

Kenny, hang tough with what you are doing here and Mike I think you have it together, just stick to you guns.

You guys are talking about cost, the year I was there the food was so great I kicked extra into the kitty to help Mike come out. My camping fees and trail fees at the Ga. Rally was $125.00 and I paid the MKT above that. Thats not including the roasted peanuts, grits, and cornmeal I supplied as well as the bushel of green peants I boiled for the group.

I only hope I can come down to Mike's again this year to enjoy more of his hospitality.

Let me nip this problem in the bud also...

Adam... Ive stood back and let you go on and on about things regarding this hobby and this event for 5 years. Its been less then 2 years, I joined steel soldiers on 02-19-2009. It jerks my arse to no end that it was your posting that kicked off this mess about moving the rally... Im sorry if I brought up to the forums what was already being said by others.
The UTV, 4x4's and kids pale in comparison to the number of gripes and complaints I get about you in that 4 day period... Or the rest of the year for that matter. If anyone has a problem with me, feel free to send me a PM.

Your in-laws do not care for you because you mooch off of them and their daughter, your jobless, you have been jobless, and you have little prospect (hope) for ever finding a job. Wow thanks alot for that stab, I thought you were better then the Lewis clan but I was wrong. I guess If I wanna fit in with them I should start doing drugs and stealing.

I am tired of getting phone calls about "whom is this guy firefighterHill and why is is asking me to do him this favor and that favor, or buy this, or move that, or pick this up for me?"... All while dropping MY name in the process. I will never mention our relation ever again, I have defended you when others complained about you taking there order for parts and never shipping them or getting back in touch with them to tell them what the hold up was.

The members of this forum are MV owners and are here to support the MV hobby... Not listen to insensible whining and or the sniveling of a fat kid with no life and no MV and no plan or prospect for ever obtaining one. Wow, thats pretty low.

Son... Get a job already and get your own hobby! Or get a job and feed your family and buy your self a MV (after doing the first two) Thanks for the tip, I didnt know this hobby was an exclusive club.

To everyone else... I am sorry... Both for this posting and this person! Ditto[/QUOTE

devilman96

Kenny I was just wondering what you meant by the FEDS had so much to do with the rally?? whats up with that?
Somewhere there is a long thread on this but I was targeted for investigation in part to my (former) heavy involvment with the ss community and rally sponsorship... what? Ya didn't know were a militia movment?

Many around will tell you your paranoid for thinkin such things are possiable but believe me when I say there not...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been keeping up on this and I think it is time for my useless 2 cents worth. Mike started this rally and since I am having 40 antique tractors here at my place Saturday and 100 people i know what it takes to put on an event. I came to the Fl Rally a couple years ago and had a blast and I did not even start my truck once I arrived. My Wife and I were welcomed by the group and I meet a lot of people I am good friends with today. Yes trails rides are great, that is my main goal at the Ga Rally, but it does not take trail rides to make a great event, it only takes great people. Organize a ride to Richloam and have fun. But base it out of Mike's Rally. If thats not aceptable then someone organize another Rally to do that and not take over Mike's. And yes this is Mike's Rally because he opened up his family's land and hospitality to a group of strangers. I understand about the drunk and other curious people as we had one drunk show up when I was there and protest our presents there. Mike handled that situation well with Kenny the police officer watching closely from nearby. That drunk came back the next day and apoligised to the group.

Kenny, hang tough with what you are doing here and Mike I think you have it together, just stick to you guns.

You guys are talking about cost, the year I was there the food was so great I kicked extra into the kitty to help Mike come out. My camping fees and trail fees at the Ga. Rally was $125.00 and I paid the MKT above that. Thats not including the roasted peanuts, grits, and cornmeal I supplied as well as the bushel of green peants I boiled for the group.

I only hope I can come down to Mike's again this year to enjoy more of his hospitality.

Me too.

T

televisionman007

:jumpin:wow what the heck is going on here.. Please lets jus get along and have fun. Count me in no matter where the rally is

poppop

Phil, I don't understand your comment. Gimpy was one of the great guys I met at that Rally. He and citizensoldier, Lane and lanes Mom and another member followed me home, spent the night on the floor in my house, and spent the next day touring junkyards , my farm, and the cotton gin I am part owner in. We had a ball.

Phil, I just went back and re-read the posts including Kennys, and I realize you did not know Gimp was there, I assure you he was. Don't count him out for this year because the Man could very well show up.

I just hate to see all the turmoil going on over this. It is a great event on its own.

phil2968

I've been at 2 ga rally's with gimp, just busting is chops with reverse psycology! Missed him and you at last years (this years 2010 has of this post) Florida Rally. Would be great if both you guys could make it. I know it's a long haul for Gimp and no small ride for you Lloyd. I would like to shake Lane's hand as well. One of the first people I spoke with on here.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, I'll be there Thursday as well. May go up the weekend before as well for some prep work. Of course I'll have the boys. Wished I could get them to the GA Rally as well. Jonathan is looking forward to some range time.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its ok Poppop! I know Phil was just egging me on to make a showing! I sure would like to be there in person this year, I had such a blast in 08!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its ok Poppop! I know Phil was just egging me on to make a showing! I sure would like to be there in person this year, I had such a blast in 08!
Ride the gray dog to my house, you can take my Oh-8 if you like. BTW, JW4x4 had mentioned something about being laid off in Feb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks