• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Rally is On!

vinny-socom1

Here are some of our (mine and my wife's) ideas for a weekend menu

Thurs Dinner: Sausage and Corn Chowder (Same stuff I brought to the last get together)

Friday Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy w/ Sausage

Friday lunch: Burgers and Dogs, Chips, Slaw

Friday Dinner: Prime Rib (Yes, some of us do it for the food too :smile:) Veggie, Potatoes, and Rolls

Saturday Breakfast: Eggs. Bacon, B & G

Saturday Lunch: Pulled Pork BBQ with Baked beans and Corn

Saturday Dinner: Either left overs or REAL Italian Lasagna or Ziti

Sunday Breakfast: French Toast and anything other breakfast items left over

Also would include Sweet Tea, Bottled water, lemonade, fruit punch and coffee

Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
Jack wanna go to Warner Robbins Friday and drag my 818 and trailer home with me??
If I don't have anything going on I could give ya a hand. I possibly had a job here in town hauling a few cars to a car show but I am not sure if its a go. I will find out tomorrow and I can let you know. Do I get to drive something green?

Here are some of our (mine and my wife's) ideas for a weekend menu

- Food List

Vinny
Sounds pretty good Vinny, I'd eat it!

vinny-socom1

Yes there are a couple of items needed like ice --hint hint-Rick, firewood, trail permits and manual labor!!

If anybody has any other ideas please post up!!

Vinny

sak00

I don't know guys, last time I went riding in Richloam, I did more tree trimming than riding. You get in the wrong area and you could be stuck for a long time. Richloam is good for Jeeps, but I don't think everyone wants to tear up their equipment.

I like Mikes place out there in the swamp and we aren't bothering anybody. To much to worry about with more people around.

I do agree that to keep the $ down, BYOF.

I will keep an eye on this, but I vote for the swamp. If not, I will probably think twice.

I live a few miles from Richloam and I know the area. Its not big truck friendly....even though I know its been done before.

vinny-socom1

sak00- there are allot of trails there, some are to tight for the deuces and some are just right thats why I think a re-con trip to determine the trails and then everybody can decide on which trails to ride.

I fit just fine with the 5tons?? on the last couple of events we had there.

Vinny

sak00

I think you all have to remember this is Mike's show.

Also, each vehicle that is in the forest has to be registered and tagged. That means that those who come with other vehicles ie: golf carts are limited to the campground. Not to mention vehicles towed in and not tagged are not allowed.

I'm just saying.......I don't mean for this to become a pi****g contest and I am done and will watch to see what comes of this.

vinny-socom1

Thanks Pete a picture works way better than words!! once again we did 50 something miles on two trails at the last event and I would say there are probably 1000 trails if not more out there.

Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
I think you all have to remember this is Mike's show.

Also, each vehicle that is in the forest has to be registered and tagged. That means that those who come with other vehicles ie: golf carts are limited to the campground. Not to mention vehicles towed in and not tagged are not allowed.

I'm just saying.......I don't mean for this to become a pi****g contest and I am done and will watch to see what comes of this.
I mean no disrespect to you, or Mike, but I feel I need to say it. What makes this "Mikes Show?" I know he has put it on in the past, but plenty of states have Rallys, and it is always done by those who are able to do the best job with the given task. Mike has been MIA for a while, and that is fine, but I feel that whoever is going to plan the rally needs to be a part of the community to see what the people want. Last Florida Rally was kind of a disaster, I had to poke people with a stick just to get them to happen, but it was too late for the dates they chose. Not too many people showed up, locals were running around, the place was underwater, and $40 of my $75 of food was nowhere to be found.

FM5332FF

I would not mind changing the venue at all, I think it would be nice to have the rally at richloam, as for the food, I think that we could get by and have more than enough to eat on just around $12.00 per day, I cook nice big meals every 3rd day at the fire house and we only spend $10.00 per person per shift. If we did $12.00 that should give enough money for a nice prime rib on one of the days. Also I can check on prices for the prime rib if you want, My best friend owns a couple of restaurants on ft myers beach and he passes along his prices on beef to me whenever we have events down here. If you guys need any help with anything just let me know. Im finally done with my house and I have free time again.. :grd:

SixSpeed

Banned
That was pretty much it!

To expand on what I said in case it came out the wrong way, I like Mike. I believe he is a good guy, and he has always been friendly & helpful when I have talked to him. I really don't care who plans the event, as long as the concerns of the masses are addressed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks