• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From fire truck to MTV

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the last bucket of ATF, I think this was the 3rd try from amazon....I feel bad from all the deliveries that failed due to damage. I imagine huge spills of ATF all over the floor of vans.
My method was to disconnect the return line from the cooler, this proved a little difficult as my adjustable wrench flexed more than I liked. Local hardware store had every size except the 1.5" needed, same with multiple auto stores. Needed a trip to harbor freight
Initially pumped out 5 gallons (ran in neutral till it sputtered out the return-that thing flows fast). Then I pull transfer drain, pan drain, cooler outlet. Oddly the cooler outlet drained a lot and for a long time.
I put 10 gal of transend in and ran it in gear till bright red pumped out, this was about 11gal in the drain pan
Checked level and went on a drive, then drained another 5 and put in the last 5 of transend. The siphon tube worked awesome.
View attachment 932898

Son was sad he missed it so I had him start draining the engine oil. Didn't even drop the plug in the bucket on his first try! (I dropped a bolt and drain plug into the bucket during the trans flush)

View attachment 932897
nice. when I did mine I had already had the oil cooler out (to get to the oil pan) and flushed it manually in a bucket. I used a 1.5" box wrench that's a good wrench for backhoe lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks