• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

goldneagle's M923 recovery and modification thread

ptrjason

Truck looks freaking amazing still. Love the attention to detail. That thing looks brand new now.

I would just paint those pesky master padlocks, they are too bright and u can tell they dont belong or were not OEM, even if they were. Lol

I also love that chain, it would be funny to paint a few links white like teeth, kinda like a homage to nose art.

Also not sure if it is the way the last pics were taken, or I messed the part where you said you covered the windows. But it looks like the passenger window has a sort of cover over it, like to keep zombies from braking the windows or something hahah. I am sure it is just a reflection but it looks like something is there when I see the photos. :)

goldneagle

Truck looks freaking amazing still. Love the attention to detail. That thing looks brand new now.

I would just paint those pesky master padlocks, they are too bright and u can tell they dont belong or were not OEM, even if they were. Lol

I also love that chain, it would be funny to paint a few links white like teeth, kinda like a homage to nose art.

Also not sure if it is the way the last pics were taken, or I messed the part where you said you covered the windows. But it looks like the passenger window has a sort of cover over it, like to keep zombies from braking the windows or something hahah. I am sure it is just a reflection but it looks like something is there when I see the photos. :)
The passenger window is showing reflection of my vinyl siding. Siding is Olive color. I agree about painting the padlocks. I'll get to them shortly. I already mentioned about the white links on the chain...not going through with it!

poorman4x4

Man, great work, you are dedicated! I've been noticing 923's out of Polk are pretty dang descent looking trucks. I saw trailboss driving his and it looked like a refurbished one, mine came out of polk you swear it was the road test model.

Danger Ranger

I got a hi-lift on my Jeep's roof rack on one side, and a shovel on the other. My axe is going in QuickFist clamps inside my trunk lid hatch.
You could try that on the back of the cab or something. It should take up less room than a Pioneer rack. And it may be cheaper.

Yeah and then someone in the wal-mart parking lot goes and steals it. Ha
Thats what locks are for...

commandojeff

I got a hi-lift on my Jeep's roof rack on one side, and a shovel on the other. My axe is going in QuickFist clamps inside my trunk lid hatch.
You could try that on the back of the cab or something. It should take up less room than a Pioneer rack. And it may be cheaper.

Thats what locks are for...
Thanks for the tip! I will look into it. The back of the cab would be a good place for it.

Farmallmilitary - Don't go to walmart :-D

goldneagle

You can always put the ax in the gun rack LOL. I plan to put a First Aid Kit behind the seats. Have not decided what else yet. Stay tuned for more good stuff.

commandojeff

I looked those clamps up on amazon right after you posted about them. Look pretty cool. I have been looking for a fire extinguisher mount too cause mine was removed from my truck. Seems like they make one for just about everything. I'm on a college budget too. I'm saving pennies just to change the fluids and filters... so the mounts might have to wait.

Back on topic. The truck is looking good GE! Keep up the good work.

goldneagle

Yesterday evening I got the 5/8" grade 8 all-thread from Mcmaster Carr. This afternoon when the weather cleared I went out and installed the all-threads for the back bolts on the shackle mounts of the front bumper. All went smooth and I even managed to prime and paint them in place to keep them from rusting. That concludes the front bumper step installation. :tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks