• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govliquidation Registered Letter

aboonski

Yesterday I received a registered letter from Govliquidation requesting that I fill out another End Use Certificate, otherwise referred to as an EUC, for an M105A2 trailer that I bought back in 2002! Apparently it had to do with a change that the government made in the classification of the item from an A to a Q. I never received an SF 97 for my trailer back then so I decided to apply for one once I downloaded the proper form from the GL website. I was told that I may not be able to acquire an SF 97 because GL only goes back one year. If that is the case, why are they making me fill out an EUC at this point for a trailer that I bought five years ago? Anyone else have this problem? Al Broadbent abroadbent@bellsosuth.net 321 427-3070 in Florida.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend of mine was saying the same thing. He bought a bunch of stuff including a wrecker ayear ago. It is in Penn. He got a letter stating he now has to d-mil it by cutting it in two with DOD present!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will,

Was that EXACTLY what the letter stated, he had to cut in 1/2 with govt guys present??? Any way to get the exact verbage on that letter??? With rumblings of all sorts of crazy thing going on I've been hearing from other places, we need to get the real story from the source.

What happened if someone scrapped the trailer or truck, and now they want you to do the paperwork on it??????????????????

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
Will,

Was that EXACTLY what the letter stated, he had to cut in 1/2 with govt guys present??? Any way to get the exact verbage on that letter??? With rumblings of all sorts of crazy thing going on I've been hearing from other places, we need to get the real story.
I would say any way to get a copy of the letter posted here. This is VERY important to all of us, but if we don't know first hand with examples what is going on then we can't write informed letters to congressmen about this issue.

Sarge

I got exactly the same letter last week. This was in reference to a trailer I bought several years ago. At that time, the GL rep told me he would forward the SF97 AND a bill of sale to me. Of course, it never happened. I think my reply to this request for an EUC will probably be my own request for the SF97 and the bill of sale. I see no harm in messing with them. I think that their reply will probably be a knee-jerk reaction of threatening me with government lawyers and repossession of the trailer. Yeah, whatever. Of course, the trailer is parked in a top secret location. tee-hee. I'll keep you all posted, especially if the threats get funny.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if I could get a copy of the letter.I'll ask. It is Tom from ITC...the bone yard in Fontana. He did some bickering with them..told DOD that he has the means to do it at his place in Ca. , but not in Pa. I was out at their place Thursday on the way home from Barstow. He is still waiting for their reply I think.

papercu

G/L

If that is the case, why are they making me fill out an EUC at this point for a trailer that I bought five years ago
As posted before, the DRMO/DOD are requiring the EUC G/L is just the middleman because they have the record of who bought it. The DRMO is also the issuer of the SF 97 if they didn't give one to G/L chances are G/L does not have one to give you (it's called passing the buck). Keep us posted about the letter on the truck being cut. Wayne

Michael

RE: G/L

Having to send in an EUC for trailers is old news, please see:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14268&highlight=

Getting a letter stating you have to cut up a MV that was bought in the past is new and BIG news. Please try to get more details on this.

I personally have had to send a 1984 field computer terminal back (Demil code changed from B/Q to C) and send in an EUC on a HP oscilloscope that anyone could buy when they were new in the 80's (demil code A changed to B/Q). I got a whopping $8 and some change back plus postage for the field computer.

We really need to get to the bottom of what is going on before it turns the hobby upside down.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were the letters they sent regestered letters? If not make them prove u got the letter! The USPS has been known to loose a letter or two.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
With the GL requesting EUCs for old purchases I am wondering if GL will find itself in a lurch if people do not comply. Now I have no real problem with filling out a EUC even though it is extra work which I feel I should be compensated for it. I do wonder if people are having any luck forcing GL to resolve issues like SF97s and such where GL has had free reign to screw up for years now.

Michael

Does anybody belong to the NAACS that GL recommended several months ago? I went back and looked at their web site to see if there were any updates on this and couldn't find any. I thought a little about joining, but the $500 price tag seems a little steep for an individual hobbyist. It is geared for small businesses that are reselling to the aviation industry.

http://www.naacs.com/index.html

acetomatoco

Ya, all write to the MVPA... Alan Cors is our inhouse lobbiest...or was...remember when you did submit a request for a EUC clearance that you have to maintain a history of where the stuff went and the new owner has to do the same...etc...all EUCs have continuity...so ya better have proof of disposition...fer sure..Some of the stuff newly added to B and Q demil is weird for sure... 50 year old cargo trailers for example...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As much as it may be BS, the EUC thing is something we all agreed to when we bought stuff from GL.. It's in all the small print when you sign on the dotted line....

I'm not too interested in the letter about the EUC for the trailer.. It's the cutting the truck in half infront of GOVT guys that concerns me (and should all of us)

BSH

Re: RE: Govliquidation Registered Letter

WillWagner said:
A friend of mine was saying the same thing. He bought a bunch of stuff including a wrecker a year ago. It is in Penn. He got a letter stating he now has to d-mil it by cutting it in two with DOD present!
PLEASE get a scan of this letter, and post it somewhere where we can read it!

Filing an EUC on a stupid old trailer is just an annoyance, but requiring vehicles to be destroyed is quite another thing. It's frankly unjustifiable.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Govliquidation Registered Letter

They will get to cut my duece when they pry it from my cold dead hands... I hope this is in regard to a commercial scrap contract from the sounds of it being a major scrap dealer. If they came after us legitimate owners, I honestly believe that we could get enough support from conservative members of the house and senate to support us just by reading Sargents accont of aiding the NOLA folks. If they came to cut mine I would meet them at the driveway with a cease and destist order.

God bless America and God bless the Steel Soldies

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Would that "cease and destist order" have the words "point toward enemy" on it?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

My wife nixed the triple strand of concetina I wanted to install around the house when a murderer was loose a couple of blocks away. But the bottom line is we should have ample legal presidence to keep our vehicles intact and ours. I know there are lots of scenarios for travelling the time that TSHTF but I belive in having cleared fields of fire and aim small miss small.

This should not become an issue for those of us that bought these vehicles with pure intent and have kept them as historic or working vehicles. I can tell you there are lots of issues that DRMS will be looking at but rightful ownership of vehicles is one that should not be too great of concern rather when sensitive items or weapons are unaccounted for as has been know to happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks