• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govliquidation Registered Letter

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Govliquidation Registered Letter

It would be interesting and advantageous for MV collectors to have a sanitized version of the letter posted publicly.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Emails No Letter

I have recieved emails on nine trailers I have bought over the last three years requesting a EUC on them, But I also bought a wrecker this year and no word on an EUC for it!
James G.

Demil of past equipment puchased

Why don't you guys just tell them that you do not have the equipment anymore and do not know where it is? You can tell them that you sold it for parts and cut up the frame since it was a piece of junk that was mis-representive on the GL website. Especially if you get one stating that they want it demilled.

BTW, wasn't G/L's contract with the US gov. suppose to end or did they get it re-newed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Demil of past equipment puchased

Why don't you guys just tell them that you do not have the equipment anymore and do not know where it is? You can tell them that you sold it for parts and cut up the frame
I think folks are worried they are going to come for trucks they bought years ago...and in that case, you may tell them you cut it up or don't have it anymore and they're going to say "So why are you still buying license plates and insurance for it?"

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Demil of past equipment puchased

Agreed - lying to cover your tracks only works on items that don't get registered to the state. Vehicle records and insurance records are easy to piece together, and DIA is good at putting 2 and 2 together to figure out what you are really up to.

sprucemt

Everything posted on this site including specificaly this post, is on every search engine, some sooner than later and the data is available to all, worldwide. Beware of what you write.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Don, is this effecting your business at all? I'm guessing you have to do EUC on some of the stuff you buy.

sprucemt

Don, is this effecting your business at all? I'm guessing you have to do EUC on some of the stuff you buy
Most definitely. What really bugs me is why.There had been a request to return 13 tubes of 3m weather stripping adhesive based on the fact that it was listed as a f16 part. Now really. In this case it was already sold and used. The same stuff in the same tube that you can buy at NAPA.
Common sense does not apply at the level that the decisions are being made to change codes to EUC or demil.
Politics are in play. One could say this senerio is payback for the democrats that started Levy-Latham and forced privatizing of the DRMO. Where is the money going to be made when all is going to scrap.
DRMO based chem sales went down the tubes when a WV senator decided that more employment was needed in his state and all the hazmat including a container load of pallets of 15-40 oil in 5 gallon pails, just back from the gulf, now goes to a destuction plant in WV. Never was it offered to the buyers or even the states that can prescreen.
And we are paying for it. Dearly.
And I ask a question. What good is a container load of oil, a 20 or 30 year old 2 1/2 ton truck or a bunch of old trailers to a terrorist.
It started with clothing . Then the airplane parts to Iran. But really now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Interesting! I was wondering why there have been no hazmat sales. I was hoping to stock up on some truck fluids. Looks like when the current stock of BFS dries up we will be paying out the wazoo!

sprucemt

There are still leftover contractor sales going on on some bases. Lots of pushing and shoving and name calling in regards to who gets what. I am not too worried about BFS today.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It gets crushed and shipped to China and turned into an AK or warship that one day may be lobbing shells at U.S. Military or civilians... :cookoo:

So sad. aua

Michael

Anybody here remember the 2 attempts to add language to bills to allow DOD to do what they are doing here to all surplus? It was a big topic of discussion on the old mil veh list. I believe the CAF people blocked it in the end. It seems to me that they have accomplished the same thing by adding language to the contracts we all sign to buy stuff from GL. It seems that they gave up on all surplus and just went around congress to just concentrate on what has been released lately.

Some of you are missing that there is a powerful group in government that thinks all tactical military gear is the same and should not be allowed in public hands. A MRE or M105 trailer is just as bad as a M16 to them.

sprucemt

We need to see a copy of the original letter that started this thread. I am going to start a new thread about the last few statements made.
Look for " Why EUC and Demil changes". Lets keep this thread to the original intent

papercu

letter

You might want to recheck the OP that was only about a letter about filing a EUC on a M105 trailer which already had a thread going.
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14268&highlight=

If you will check G/L site there is a good half dozen trucks that are on a scrap sale and everything on the sale is to be cut.
The poster that said the guy than got the letter was a scrap dealer and probably he was suppose to do the same to one he received. just my 02 thinking. Wayne

sailor2000

Re: letter

papercu said:
If you will check G/L site there is a good half dozen trucks that are on a scrap sale and everything on the sale is to be cut.
Is that a half dozen good trucks or a good half dozen hunks o junk?

Have truck remnants been on the demil list in the past?

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Govt. Liquidation Letters

I too got letters over the last few months requiring me to fill out EUC forms for items received as old as 5 years ago. Many I no longer have or were used for parts. The bigger problem is they threatened to come and remove the items!

papercu

parts

Is that a half dozen good trucks or a good half dozen hunks o junk?
The ones I saw were missing a lot but they still had some parts left
For scrap sales it might depend on what else is on the sale say if you had a bunch of item that needed demill and the same lot had some trucks in it I don't imagine that anyone would want to do the paperwork to take them out and then relist them.
It is the DRMO job to separated the sell item and the demill stuff when it comes in and before G/L see it and now there is only or two of them per base to do all of that, so a lot will get trashed just because there is not enough time to do it right. Wayne

sailor2000

Maybe one of the active duty guys here could go talk to the DRMO guys on their base and find out what the heck is going on from that side of the coin????

I am seeing a bunch of stuff on GL like book shelves and other office furniture that shows it must be de-milled. There is something screwy afoot that may just be bureaucratic bumbling or could be the first signs of something baddddd.....

jasonjc

Ferroequinologist said:
It gets crushed and shipped to China and turned into an AK or warship that one day may be lobbing shells at U.S. Military or civilians... :cookoo:

So sad. aua

Remember that the USS Arizona was sunk by US Military surplus!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks