• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govliquidation Registered Letter

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I was talking about.

From the DRMO side, I know from talking to the few guys I know that still have jobs in the Norfolk DRMO (they let 90% go recently), things are really going down hill. With the new consolidation, most commands are deep sixing stuff (literally) instead of going through the hassle of turning it into DRMO. Also, trying to re-utilize stuff from DRMO is even harder now- imagine trying to bid on a truck, with no pictures, no previewing, and the only description is the item nomenclature- i.e. TRUCK, CARGO or DESK, OFFICE, WOOD.
That is what the DRMO has become, and probably GL will too or simply go away all together. The whole point of the DRMO system was for other commands to reuse material that would otherwise have gone to waste. If it didn't get reused, it would then move on to be sold. If it isn't getting to the DRMO, it won't make it to GL.

sailor2000

Ferroequinologist said:

From the DRMO side, I know from talking to the few guys I know that still have jobs in the Norfolk DRMO (they let 90% go recently),.
Let 90 % go recently why???

Has the amount of surplus material dropped by 90% recently??

Help me out.. what is going on here??

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: letter

papercu said:
The poster that said the guy than got the letter was a scrap dealer and probably he was suppose to do the same to one he received. just my 02 thinking. Wayne
He is a scrap dealer. I wonder if that is why he was told he needs to cut it. I'll call tomorrow.

devilman96

I thought that the MVPA was our lobbiest and was there to deal with the politics of owning a mv.
Im sorry but that was the funniest and sadist thing Ive read all night...

We are well past the point of needing legal reps for the hobby and I wouldnt depend on the MVPA to to look after anything later than a M151... Nor would I trust them to look after my spot in line for a free hot dog let alone my legal wishes to owning and buying MV's...

Guys... I've said this many times before... We as a hobby NEED a group to which is looking after us as a whole rather than looking after its egos, corner of the sand box, or personal intrests... I wouldnt want the MVPA in front of congress at any point in time, it would be like Mickey Mouse standing in for the NRA on gun laws.

We are so close to loosing this hobby and we dont even know it... Last year I got into it pretty hot and heavy with the DRMO, GL and my Congressman... I wanted to pubish an article in reguards to the happenings in the surplus pipeline. I was told last year by unnamed news editor that GL and surplus sales were not a concern to the hobby as it didnt have anything to do with MV's... It was a "trade issue"... well I'll be... a trade issue eh?...

The powers to be are to busy polishing their M38's and M151's... If you keep depending on the MVPA to fix or look after us we will find ourselves cutting up anything over a one ton truck in the near future!!! That is not a over statment.... its a matter of fact!

There are bits and pieces blirted out here and there of SS moving from a loose blog to a more active member basis... Its something we a hobbiest really have a need for and if the recent moves by congress and the DRMO are not clearing anyones heads to this matter then I dont know what will!!!!

I personally refuse to send a dime to the MVPA... They dont have a single bit of intrest at heart when it comes to what I consider a MV to be... With the past on goings in the board over the past year or two I really wonder how anyone could write that check out...

I would on the other hand be more than willing to fork over $50-100 a year to a group that looks after something other than a jeep... Maybe its time SS went to the next level? Anyone else on board with this?

(forgive the spelling and ranting... its late and im too lazy to bother)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can tell you from first hand experience that the flood gates of excess government property are far from closed and the stupidity of the way some things are handled made me so angry at times in the desert that my hair was on fire. I watched as third country nationals under contract sorted through huge piles of excess equiptment and in those piles were parts of weapons, parts of night vision devices, and fully serviable items that would have caused the whole unit to stay in the field if it came up missing in training.

I am still fighting this issue even after being deployed to another theater. The problem is that many of these issues will wind up creating a phobia that reaches out beyond where it needs to. I certainly hope that legally aquired equipment and vehicles would be exempt from the cluches of the fearful DRMO folks. The real issue is property accountability is hurting and needs to be fixed. I am working on this too and hope that before I retire some sence is injected to the system.

aboonski

Request for SF97 denied!

I wanted to share this with other members of the website because it is so typical of The System to avoid doing what is right versus going by the rules:

GL has received your request for a SF97, however, I am sorry to tell you
that - as stated in our Terms & Conditions - GL does not honor requests
that are more than one year from the date of Sale. This sale was back in
2002 and we cannot issue a SF97 because of the late request..

Jean Payton

Vehicle Titling Coordinator

Fax: 480-596-4481

Hello Jean and thank you for your reply to my request for issuance of an SF
97 for my trailer. Back when I bought the trailer I was never told how to
obtain an SF 97 and none was provided after I picked up the trailer from
DRMO at Cape Canaveral Air Station. I always feel that exceptions can be
made and that there are usually waivers for situations such as mine. I find
it hard to believe that Govliquidation is sending me an End Use Certificate
(EUC) to fill out for a purchase that was made back in 2002 and they will
not honor my request for an SF 97 for the same trailer. I was very happy to
cooperate with your request now I am asking for someone to at least review
the policy that you have for the SF97 and assist me to obtain an SF97 so
that I can legally register the trailer here in Florida. I have always felt
that rules were simply "guidelines" and that they could be modified under
unusual of extenuating circumstances such as my situation dictates; I am
sure you or your superiors have desired to have a rule, law, policy or
procedure changed or modified for their benefit at one time or the other so
let's see what you can do for me today. If you could, please be so kind as
to elevate my request to the highest level of supervision or authority in
the Govliquidation chain of command to see if an exception can be made in my
behalf.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Yours Truly,

Alan R. Broadbent - Bidder #7701XXXX
2700 Oklahoma Street
West Melbourne FL 32904

abroadbent@bellsouth.net

(321) 427-3070
[/b]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Request for SF97 denied!

This should prove interesting to see what occours. It is a well written letter that exposes the audacity of GL.

aboonski

Rebuttal Letter to GL regarding EUC Registered Letter

Thanks for the compliment about the way my reply letter was written. I don't think I am asking for much seeing as how I am required to complete an End Use Certificate that was prompted by a registered letter from the same people who are denying my request for an SF97. Having served in the AF for 21 years in Medical Administration, I know there are waivers for things such as this and I should not have to be a congressman or senator to get preferential treatment for a ball that was dropped by Government Liquidation to begin with. There are so many technicalities in everything we do these days and it all boils down to who you know as to whether you get satisfaction of not. I am quite sure that I will not get an immediate answer from the person who sent me that bullet statement from GL about only going back one year because most of these employees have little experience for off-the-wall rebuttals such as I just sent back to GL. You can be sure that I will post any replies that I get pertaining to this issue! Al Broadbent

aboonski

RE: Rebuttal Letter to GL regarding EUC Registered Letter

I was wrong! I just got another message from Jean at GL and here it is:

Since your file is so old, we may not have all your records. I will have to research to see what, if anything, can be done.

Jean Payton

devilman96

Alan,

File for a home bulit title and be done with it... Its very easy to do here still...

aboonski

Yes they are really surprising me here! I just sent the following message back a few minutes ago:

Thank you Jean! I look forward to a positive answer to my request for an SF97. There must be records of my transaction for the trailer because I did get that registered letter requesting that I fill out an End Use Certificate (EUC) for the item that I bought back in 2002. Since the purchase of the trailer five years ago, it has been sitting in my back yard where it has been used for storage all these years. I bought a cargo cover for it off of Ebay as well as other parts for the trailer to rehab it for road use; I have two military trucks that can pull it so I really want to get it registered with the State of Florida and cannot do so without the SF97. I think that it is only fair to try and provide me with the documentation that I need based on the fact that GL still has a current file on my purchase that took place back in 2002. I'll be happy to pay any reasonable fees for the time and trouble that you or another GL employee goes through to obtain my SF97 in addition to the $60.00 fee that GL charges today for that particular document. There just has to be a way and I do appreciate your assistance in finding the right person to sign off on my request.

Yours Truly,

Alan R. Broadbent

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
�sailor2000� said:
�Ferroequinologist� said:

From the DRMO side, I know from talking to the few guys I know that still have jobs in the Norfolk DRMO (they let 90% go recently),.
Let 90 % go recently why???

Has the amount of surplus material dropped by 90% recently??

Help me out.. what is going on here??
I meant 90% of the personnel that worked for the Norfolk DRMO no longer work there- GL has taken over almost all the warehouses. BUT, you can no longer go screen property on the DRMO side of the house, and can no longer just drop it off and fill out some paperwork, you have to do all that online and ship it to a designated DRMO. Reverse the process for getting items, screen online, (with barely any information) and be lucky if you get anything resembling what you want.

It is still 'easy' to get things from DRMO, but you have to get the whole pallet of chairs or six desks just so you have a fighting chance at getting a chair or two that are good or one desk you can still use. It creates more waste. I used to go look through a hundred chairs, and just pick out the couple I needed and take them back to the ship. No way to do that now.

Dman, I'm all for a SS club, organization. There are enough of us and growing all the time, and we are pretty dedicated to our hobby. I bet we could make things happen if we all got together on it.

aboonski

I may wind up doind the home built title but want to try as hard as possible to get the SF97 from GL that they never provided back when I obtained the trailer. I think the wheels are turning! The GL representative, Jean Payton seems to be actively and sincerely trying to assist me to get the documentation for my trailer so I will continue on that path until the final word comes out from GL. Everything is just so complicated any more! Just imagine what it will be like when the Patriot act goes into full swing!

GunTruckBuilder

There's a story floating around for a number of years. Story, urban legend, myth, whatever you want to call it. Anyway story is a fella buys a deuce and a half from GL. When he gets it off the lot and checks the back under the canvas he finds it still has cargo in it. Cargo includes 5 Stinger missles, 3 .50cal machine guns, 5 M60 machine guns, 6,000 rounds of belted 7.62mm ammo and 10,000 rounds of belted .50cal ammo. Being an honest fella he immediately notifies the local sheriff. Who promptly arrests him. Guy winds up doing 30 years for weapons trafficing. I always figured it to be a tall tale, however after reading some more about GL I'm starting to wonder. If I recall correctly a user on her found some ring mounts in a trailer he bought.

True story? Anybody know?

Just for the heck of it. Something like that ever happened to me I'd put on a good set of gloves and bury that load of cargo in the deepest part of the woods, at the darkest time of night, during a moonless period. Sure don't need to mess with anything like that!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were my truck, I'd check everything out before I left the GL lot. That way, it's not your problem.

There are rumors that occassionally a few items get out. Just the way the system is, but it is a rarity. Most I ever found were a few rounds of 9mm rounds in a couple ammo cans. Nothing big time. Now you know why when they auction off ammo cans, they open up EVERY can, and remove the lids sometimes, and even spraypaint EMPTY on the sides to prove that it was indeed checked by the DRMO folks.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I once found a file of classified material in a safe I was screening that was out in the DRMO yard. I turned them into the office and filed an offical report of the breach. In the case of the weapons, the Army and all services have a comprehensive list of all weapons in the inventory. They are tracked from issue to final status of either destruction or going to a museum or FMS. If such a find was able to get past the many eyes and hands that go over each item, the guy in question would only get that kind of treatment in a liberal state like Maryland... lol but for real the weapons would be traced back to the unit they were last issued to and they would be held accountable for the loss of accoutablity.

I did find lots of weapons in the excess and scrap piles in Iraq and Kuwait, when I came across these items I turned them in to the Weapons Storage/ Rehab facility and they took it from there getting the trace started and regaining accountabiltiy.

JohnFire

I have noticed that it seems to depend on the location whether something is supposed to be demiled. I have seen trucks that are almost identical in different locations, one say demil required the other doesn't. I know alot of things in the military was always up to that person that was doing the classification. Even some of the people doing the turn in. I remember going through the drmo in Saudi Arabia and brand new tool sets and tool boxes sitting in scrap metal bins. Disgusting!! I know there are lots of things that I have seen for sale, that we were lacking in Kuwait when I was working there and of course had to be bought new. Nothing like the govt wasting our money one place and not recouping it in others by not selling harmless parts.

devilman96

Right... So...

How many of you have contacted your local congressional offices? Contacted the DRMO in BC, MI.? Written a letter? Sent an email?

Whine, complain, moan, scoff... Everyone has something to say but no one wants to say it in the right places. Ya sound like a bunch of old women lined up at the bagel shop waiting for it to open!!!

jasonjc

I'm not much of a wirter. BUT I know some on here are. Could/would some one wright a letter that the less skilled of us can fill the names/address. One that is well composed and hit's on all the main points? And does not look like/sound like some dumb redneck like me wrote it????

Please help save my trucks........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks