• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Ins. Limitation WOES!!!

Deuce_of_Spades

Someone posted earlier that Sonya no longer works for Gulfway. I was referred to Carol instead. She is the one that said that the policy is not meant for using my Deuce as a pick up. Just for parades and shows. Her extention is x203

pa.rich

About a year and a half ago, I liked gulfway for my state of Pa. Things may have changed. In Pa. many companies would not insure us. Gulfway didnt require the garage, so that was a winner for me. At the time they were the best deal for my needs. I know I am not helping much but that is my 2 cents. I wish I could remember more , but thats it.

Deuce_of_Spades

About a year and a half ago, I liked gulfway for my state of Pa. Things may have changed. In Pa. many companies would not insure us. Gulfway didnt require the garage, so that was a winner for me. At the time they were the best deal for my needs. I know I am not helping much but that is my 2 cents. I wish I could remember more , but thats it.

I think its great if Gulfway insures us! I just want to know that If I go down to the store, buy a few bags of feed and then get into an accident that I am covered. I just want to be covered!

drjconley

i would assume there is a large majority of people on here that are prior military. i use usaa for all my insurance, including my five ton. they said i have no restrictions, i pay under 200 a year in california. have others looking into usaa.
jim

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have USAA for everything including my homeowners they do not insure trucks over 10,000 pounds period.If you have them insuring your truck make sure they understand what it is they are insuring they wont even insure my 1009s and 1008s because the description is commercial cargo utility vehicle when they run the VIN thats what it comes up.They wouldnt insure any of my M35s whether its used on a farm or in parades ONLY they refer you to the commercial insurance division and its almost a thousand dollars per year per truck.
Hmm, I have my 1009 insured with USAA, and my 1008 was also...

As an 86 Chev Blazer, and as an 86 D30 Chev Pickup...

drjconley

i love insurance companies. ask ten people a question and you will get ten different answers. i made it very clear to usaa what i was insuring. i told them the weight and number of axels and they had no problem with it. i will double check my policy. i had a similar problem with them and my tractor, after a lot a people we actually read their policy and i was covered.
jim

TenTires

I just got through dealing with Gullfway Insurers. After reading some info on this site about what insurance to go with, I called Gullfway and they were really friendly and all that and gave me a decent quote ($250 annually) but when they sent me all the forms, I had some questions about a couple of them and it took them over a week to respond. On top of that, I noticed that one of the forms said "make annual payment to Travelers..." Well I already have travelers for everything else so I e-mailed Gullfway back asking what they were providing that I couldnt go to travelers myself and get and (after another 3 day wait) the response I get is "You cannot go directly to Travelers to obtain this insurance or set it up yourself. It is a specialty type coverage and we are the Travelers agency authorized to rate, underwrite and issue the policies through their computer system." Hmm. So, I called my AAA agent that handles all of my other insurance stuff and SHE calls Travelers and what do you know...THEY say they can just add it to my policy like the rest of my vehicles with the same coverages and no mileage restrictions or garage requirements AND for $172 per year. The only difference being that they will give me an actual cash value vice having an agreed upon value if something happens to my truck. I wrote Gullfway and told them what Travelers said and I havent gotten a response back yet. That was last week. aua

I guess I will add my 2 cents. I had nationwide for years and when I got my M35A2 they said no problem. and them 3 weeks later I got a phone call saying that I was no longer covered at all and my policy was canceled as of that phone call because of the duece. I was getting ready to PCS at the time, so needless to say I feaked out. I called USAA and they said no problem. I've been with them for 4 years now, the only problem I've had is they used to call me and try and switch me to a commercial policy. But after I discussed it with them they said never mind. Good people to deal with.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"The only difference being that they will give me an actual cash value vice having an agreed upon value if something happens to my truck."

Agreed Value is actually better than Actual Cash Value (ACV) as determined by the insurance company.

With Agreed Value you come to a mutually agreeable amount for your vehicle that won't go up or down with age or condition.

With ACV they go out and find half a dozen vehicles and then average them to get your value. That could include any number of "cheap" sales like GL where the value of their sales are considerably less than what the value of the vehicle is. Most people think their vehicle is worth more than a figure the insurance company can come up with so I would recommend getting an Agreed Value policy whenever available.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I guess I will add my 2 cents. I had nationwide for years and when I got my M35A2 they said no problem. and them 3 weeks later I got a phone call saying that I was no longer covered at all and my policy was canceled as of that phone call because of the duece. I was getting ready to PCS at the time, so needless to say I feaked out. I called USAA and they said no problem. I've been with them for 4 years now, the only problem I've had is they used to call me and try and switch me to a commercial policy. But after I discussed it with them they said never mind. Good people to deal with.
Could I have the number of the person you spoke with about this?, because they cancelled me when they found out how much the truck weighed....

Could I have the number of the person you spoke with about this?, because they cancelled me when they found out how much the truck weighed....
I've actually talked to a few people, so I don't really have a specific name for you. sorry. But they are supposed to be able to insure vehicles up to 25,000 I believe. That and I told them it is an antique vehicle. (over 30 yrs old)

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been trying to get my deuce insured through Gulfway since Feb 5th.
If they are this slow at taking your money how slow will the claims process be:roll:

Time to look for the next one..................

kc5mzd

I use USAA for all my insurance. I had my Freightliner FLD that was converted to a flatbed insured with them. It was listed as 13tons. When I got my M35A2's they just added them. The M35A2's are around $25.00 per month.

datsunaholic

I've got State Farm, but I'm paying through the nose for it. For some reason I pay a LOT for vehicle insurance (my car policy, which is through GMAC, is also quite expensive.) But my car policy is a Broadform policy that covers "anything under 1-ton payload" and the Deuce didn't qualify. I have the broadform policy because I have over a dozen regular vehicles and insuring each individual one at an average of $600 a year was way to expensive. I went to 3 insurance brokers and couldn't find anything under $1200 a year for the Deuce because all wanted to put it on a Commercial policy (I could get the rate lower if I agreed toa "No Trailers" clause, but I bough the Deuce to tow a trailer). State Farm would only insure it on a variance (not a normal policy, but they claimed they'd make an exception because I've been with them on my house policy for 10 years and have had some car coverage with them for almost 20).

Maybe part of the reason for the high price is the liability limits I have set, but I don't think 100K/300K/50K is all that high.

70deuce

These threads should be forwarded to all the insurance companies mentioned on the site. Maybe one smart one would jump on the opportunity to get involved and provide consistently priced and coveraged policies. Just look at the responses to this subject. There would be plenty of business. Here's my 2 cents on my coverage. Deuce with American Collectors Insurance, $82 a year liability only. M818 and trailer coverage, Gulfway, $146 a year liability only.

OD_Coyote

I will be insuring my new M35A2C with Gulfway within the next few days, so I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully it will be as easy as it was when I insured my 65 M35A2 with them.

Tascabe

Does anybody have the Travelers form numbers or contact info for Travelers for the policy they are getting through Gulfway?

I have had two different brokers calling all over Travelers and cannot find anybody there that has a clue about the Commercial with Collectors Choice - or anything like it.

Local State Farm will only cover it as Commercial, Progressive who insures all my other vehicels won't touch it.

Also-
How does a guy with a big Ford dually get insurance? They have a GVW over 10k pounds

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks