• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone tried to fit this pump in?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No don't think it will hurt anything eather but looks like they start better. The interesting thing we be if anyone takes the time to see if the increase in pressure also increases the running pressure of the IP lift pump from the tm specs 35 idle to 75 at 2000rpm. Could it increase it ? Will it increase it? Does anyone care?

61sleepercab

I would not worry much about driving down the road thinking the fuel pump will light up the tank into a diesel fuel bomb, the VW Rabbit gas fuel injected cars had a Bosh inline high pressure pump that I disassembled with a hack saw to see what was inside and there was the nicest little brush 12 volt direct drive pump that ran directly in gasoline!!!! No air so no boom.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm running one of these pumps as well. About 6psi on a Diesel/WMO blend at start up at the secondary filters. Runs well. You will not hurt the IP on the multifuel with increased pressure. You're just feeding the gearotor pump on the IP. That pump then increases the pressure from the lift pump/primary filter, to about 60psi onto the secondary and IP head.

bonedoc

Last summer I replaced my tank, sending unit, and installed a brand new in tank pump that I got a great deal on. All works great. I saw these pumps and almost bought one but now think I will grab one for the price and keep it as a spare just incase.

rustystud

Does anybody know how many GPM of the mechanical pump on the injection pump will pump at rated RPM?
There is no mention of this in any of the manuals. There is no need from the TM's point of view. We already know the diameter of piping used so all that matters is the pressure, which is easy to check. It is like "Ohm's Law" . Volts X Amps = Watts . Here it's diameter of pipe X pressure = flow (GPH) .

JasonS

There is no mention of this in any of the manuals. There is no need from the TM's point of view. We already know the diameter of piping used so all that matters is the pressure, which is easy to check. It is like "Ohm's Law" . Volts X Amps = Watts . Here it's diameter of pipe X pressure = flow (GPH) .
Your analogy is OK but Ohms law is actually V= I*R.

JasonS

If I remember from my electronics engineering class, Ohm's law is actually about 5 equations long. This is just one of them.

No, go back and reread your book or do a google search.

I'll make it easy for you. From Wiki "Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference across the two points. Introducing the constant of proportionality, the resistance,[SUP][1][/SUP] one arrives at the usual mathematical equation that describes this relationship:[SUP][2]"

[/SUP]

Last edited:

TsgtB

I've been researching this for 12 hours now... my pump gave up.
Took off the primary, not even a dribble... but it still hums like it did before, so maybe the hose let go
or blew out, we'll see.
But if i'm going to be in there anyway, I'm thinking of putting this pump in.
My question is the wiring. I wont know till i get the pump, but it looks like these pumps have a cut off
pig tail, and if the "non working" one has a removable plug or is hard wired.
And the frame grounding wire of the old pump vs the new...
Thanks

rustystud

Took off the primary, not even a dribble... but it still hums like it did before, so maybe the hose let go
or blew out, we'll see.
My question is the wiring. I wont know till i get the pump, but it looks like these pumps have a cut off
Thanks
You can "splice" into the cut off pigtail left on the new pump. The rest of the wiring is the same as the "Olympic" pump. Mine is working great in my auxiliary tank . In fact it is quieter then my brand new Olympic pump in the right side tank.

lavarok

or blew out, we'll see.
Thanks
When you take the pump out you may just find the screen mesh clogged or the magnetic pump stuck. If your getting a sound, you may still have a pump. Take it apart and check it out. Taking the pump out is not a bad job so long as the screws come out easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks