• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

Biggles

the quote i got isn't a whole lot more than a buck a mile but it's nowhere near 250 to 350 a mile, 540 miles 640 dollars (rough estimated) that seems worth it doesn't it?

Biggles

Norseland

Yep, not too bad when you think about what would happen broke down on the road, unless you have a member here along the way willing to help. Good Luck

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Read the fine print on those, a couple don't have have the "driven on the lot" in their write up's and there is a good reason for it.2cents2cents

Michael

And now the truck in the link is selling for twice as much as any of the other trucks. I bet it isn't twice as nice.

Biggles

I got one!

I did not get the truck in the link, I wanted one that was a little newer hopefully and a WHOLE LOT cheaper. That thing went for waaaaaay too much, fortunately there was 42 trucks so i got one pretty cheap. I think I am going to get it shipped. I am getting quotes now, once it's at my house I can wrench on it without being in a parking lot in the dark and on a deadline.

Michael

Which one did you get? You are obligated to post pictures of it now.:grin: How much did the one in the link sell for? You have to watch it close or bid on it to find out. When you hit the link now the price in unavailable.

It has been kind of an ongoing conversation that posting links to sales before they close really runs up the price of the item. I think this is a case in point.

50shooter

Well Biggles, did you win?

I did but not the one I really wanted. They had a AF truck there and being my wife and I both former AF I thought I'd buy it and give to her with one big SURPRISE...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!.

I didn't get that one so now I guess I'll just have to take the beating and deal with all that comes from a spouse who doesn't appreciate the "need" for these trucks. Any of you guys have a wife like that?

I did a recovery from there in Jan. and I had some repairs to do to one of the trucks and the other two seemed pretty driveable. I share your concern w/driving it home after only a couple of hours to work on it. The guys seemed pretty cool there but I'm not sure how much serious maintenance work they will put up with.

I'm a chicken and had all 3 shipped home. I'm doing the same this time. This way I can play with them on my time and sch.

I have a local guy do my transport but you could call TMC trucking. They are a huge flat bed operaton that just so happens to be in Des Moines. Their freight to you would be around $700. You may have some farm boys down there that would do it for $1.40 to $1.70 per mile. I pay $1.40 to one guy and $1.59 to the other.

As far as not having to take a day of vacation if you have it shipped? Most transport guys aren't going to go find the truck, get it running, do the paperwork and then load it. You may still have to be there to do the loading.

Sorry for the long winded story but I just bought my first ones this year and am still excited and I know how many questions I had too.

Hope you won...but if you didn't, PM me and we can talk.
Jason

50shooter

Which one did you get? You are obligated to post pictures of it now.:grin: How much did the one in the link sell for? You have to watch it close or bid on it to find out. When you hit the link now the price in unavailable.

It has been kind of an ongoing conversation that posting links to sales before they close really runs up the price of the item. I think this is a case in point.
Not sure if the link posted did any good or any harm to lot 7513 but that is the truck I referenced in my previous post. I went to bid on it but it was already over $3K. I looked one last time and it passed the $4K mark. No idea what it finished at but wow.

If the lucky bidder of this truck is a SS member, congrats. If you didn't preview, according to my Dad it has a C turbo, very clean, no rust, good top, air shift and the one thing no other truck there had....the ability to keep me in good graces with the Mrs. Seriously though..congrats on a nice truck.

Biggles

I won and I'm not going to be able to drive up there to load it and pay to have it shipped If I have to drive up there I'll have to drive it back........

Biggles

yeah it went for well over 4,000 but I don't know what it capped out at as i never bid on it so once the auction closed I can't see it anymore and right at the end i was watching my truck. The one i posted the link for went for over a thousand dollars more than any other I saw and it didn't even have a winch.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is a nice truck. I had all 50 examined prior to the bid. One was the most immaculate deuce I have ever seen. It was a show truck, but someone paid dearly for it. All of those were nicer than most. I was bidding on 3 and bailed when the one I wanted hit 4k this morning. My sons and I were going to drive 3 back to MD as a family trip. I was bidding and thinking real hard of how i was actually going to explain this one to my wife. How do you explain a 5 day road trip and spending 6-9K on trucks. I am sticking with area trucks were we can recover in a day and stash till the coast is clear. Standard replay is that truck out there is my sons, mine with new paint or a friend wants one of my sons to look at it. Did anyone else get any of these trucks. pm me if possible...

Sumoman

I don't know a whole lot about them other than I desperately need one.
Don't we all:-D

I suggest you gain a little more patience cause your EUC is going to put a damper on things:twisted:

Congrats on your buy, enjoy the wait now.. you thought the auction was hard, waiting for the EUC is a pain.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks