• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

armytruck63

Everyone,
I was contacted to try to help round up military vehicles for display at the Hemet-Ryan Air Show in Hemet, CA on Saturday, June 11th. They are looking for approximately 15 vehicles of any size. They requested we arrive by 8:30 AM and stay until the end of the show at 3:00 PM.

This is a big fire bomber base, so there should be lots of interesting aircraft displayed. Here is the air show web-site with directions:

Hemet-Ryan Air Show > Home

If you have any questions, please call Kylia Sicoli at 951-212-3536. I plan on bringing something, not sure what yet.

Thanks,
Matt

TheRecorder

Hey Matt,
How is this compared to Chino Air Show? Bigger/Smaller? Military/Civilian aircraft?
Sounds like something fun.
Get the radio hooked up. :p

deuceaid

Banned
Hey Recorder,, Maybe we can test Your radios too[thumbzup]. Do You have more than one? Or would I need to bring some ham radios? If so I would still need to make a 6 meter antenna to com with Your gear..............Jason

armytruck63

Sounds like my friend and I will bring a deuce,,, Anyone want to convoy from Yucaipa?
I might be up for the Yucaipa convoy. I have a friend from Mentone who might be bringing one of his WWII Dodges. If he does, we would be limited to about 45 MPH (40 MPH if he brings his CCKW).

TheRecorder

Hey Recorder,, Maybe we can test Your radios too[thumbzup]. Do You have more than one? Or would I need to bring some ham radios? If so I would still need to make a 6 meter antenna to com with Your gear..............Jason

I just have one PRC-77 set up in the Deuce.

JD Toumanian is set up with the same. He may be interested in going too.

deuceaid

Banned
thats fine, we were thinking of taking san tim over to moreno and down gillman springs road anyway ( dont like being the slow poke on the freeway- and not as steep as lambs canyon),, maybe the riverside guys could even hook up in moreno valley!

deuceaid

Banned
Cool thing Recorder, I can leagally operate them,,,sounds good. Would You and company be interested in convoy from east Moreno Valley?

TheRecorder

Cool thing Recorder, I can leagally operate them,,,sounds good. Would You and company be interested in convoy from east Moreno Valley?

I think so. It would be a good show to arrive in a multi MV convoy. I fowarded this thread to JD T.

Barneyszoo......are you in?

deuceaid

Banned
Just under 2 weeks till the show. I was wondering who is planning on going-convoying?
I was thinking of the Yucaipa Redlands Mentone people meeting at Angels Road House next to Oak Glen rd and the I 10

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map

Then heading to the Kohls/Best Buy shopping center in Moreno Valley just off I 60 and Nason St ,,,to meet up with the Riverside/Corona guys..

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map

Then we head to Hemet via Gilman Springs road and Sanderson

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map

armytruck63

Dueceaid, do these directions jibe with what you're thinking?
This email was sent to you by a user on Google Maps:

Yucaipa-Moreno Valley-Hemet convoy route

32464 Dunlap Blvd Yucaipa, CA 92399
1.Head northwest on Dunlap Blvd toward 14th St262 ft 2.Take the 1st right onto 14th St0.1 mi 3.Turn right onto Arlington Dr0.1 mi 4.Turn right onto Live Oak Canyon Rd4.6 mi 5.Turn left onto San Timoteo Canyon Rd1.0 mi 6.Turn right onto Redlands Blvd3.3 mi 7.Turn right onto Ironwood Ave2.0 mi 8.Turn left onto Nason St0.8 mi 9.Turn left onto Fir Ave0.2 mi 10.Turn left onto Eucalyptus Ave Destination will be on the left0.1 mi
27200 Eucalyptus Ave Moreno Valley, CA 92555
11.Head southwest on Eucalyptus Ave toward Fir Ave0.5 mi 12.Take the 2nd left onto Nason St1.0 mi 13.Turn left onto Alessandro Blvd3.1 mi 14.Turn right to stay on Alessandro Blvd2.0 mi 15.Slight right onto Gilman Springs Rd7.9 mi 16.Turn right to merge onto N Sanderson Ave toward Hemet/San Diego7.6 mi 17.Slight right onto Wentworth Dr0.6 mi 18.Take the 1st right onto Walden Weaver Rd0.3 mi
Walden Weaver Rd Hemet, CA 92545

Show on Google Maps

There may be some WWII vehicles and jeeps going, so we should count on our maximum speed being 45 MPH. I'm thinking leaving Angel's Roadhouse about 0630 and Moreno Valley about 0730 tentatively. This should give us plenty of time to make the air show by 0830.

I'll call Kylia and bounce these times off her (and let her know some vehicles are coming).

Thanks,
Matt

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to get an oil leak that sprang up this weekend fixed, but I plan to join you all. Probably take the 60 from the 10 and meet you at the Moreno Valley stop and go from there.

deuceaid

Banned
Matt- Yeah thats what I was planning seemed to have good size parking lots, roads instead of highway for slow speed, and easy to find off of the main freeway.

Recorder Bad Carp- I feel a little bad that your back tracking some, but its for the fun of the convoy.

armytruck63

@TheRecorder: Jim, joining the convoy looks like it seriously adds distance for you. I didn't realize you lived so far South on I-15. You are of course welcome to join the convoy, but I wouldn't blame you if you headed directly to the airport to save time and fuel.

Either way, hope to see you on 6-11.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks