• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

deuceaid

Banned
Barneyszoo, Matt was thinking 7:30 for Mo Vall. that should be enough time... I was almost thinking a small something from Crack in the Box for breakfast...maybe.....
I hate to say it but mostly its gonna be expensive carney food at an airshow,,, but its not like we dont have pleanty of room in the back of a truck for a grill cooler etc. Ideas anyone? one carney lunch...I like em...but I hate $7.00 corndogs.........

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to say it but mostly its gonna be expensive carney food at an airshow,,, but its not like we dont have pleanty of room in the back of a truck for a grill cooler etc. Ideas anyone? one carney lunch...I like em...but I hate $7.00 corndogs.........
Well, I do have a stove, fridge and microwave in the M109, so if anyone wants to bring something to heat up, we can certainly get that done.

deuceaid

Banned
Thanks for the offer Bad Carp....might take you up on that. Be fun to put it to use.

I was thinking it would be fun to even have one of those MRE 24v hot water heaters. dont have one, but it would fit the theme

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Well 2 people (friend and I) ,,Matt and maybe his friend. Recorder.Bad Carp . Barneyszoo.

7 minimum. Still havent heard from 2 of my friends, but I dont think they will make it.

deuceaid

Banned
Ok, cool, this will be my first public event so I need someone to hold my hand haha no but I don't know what to expect.
Same here, I only know Recorder was at Chino last year ( had no idea he was a member then) will be my first time meeting SS members anywhere.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go but I think my M1009 is too modified now to count as a MV show-piece. At least it's still camo though.

armytruck63

Ok, cool, this will be my first public event so I need someone to hold my hand haha no but I don't know what to expect.
After the cool convoy to the show, you just park your truck and get out a comfy chair. Watch the planes doing their thing and answer guestions from people who come over to admire your awesome vehicle. Have lunch with your truck friends. Take pictures of anything interesting that strikes your fancy. Let kids check out your truck while you check out the hot mom (oops, I'm married, not allowed to say that anymore).

When the show ends, say goodbye, cruise home and reflect on the good time you had.

Pretty much sums it up.

deuceaid

Banned
Gottlos, if it still looks like the pics in your album, I would think its fine,,,,the lightbar could still fit and once you see the inside of BadCarps s ride,,,You cant be that modified. NO FUZZY dingo dice though...then it wouldnt pass as military...:lol:

deuceaid

Banned
After the cool convoy to the show, you just park your truck and get out a comfy chair. Watch the planes doing their thing and answer guestions from people who come over to admire your awesome vehicle. Have lunch with your truck friends. Take pictures of anything interesting that strikes your fancy. Let kids check out your truck while you check out the hot mom (oops, I'm married, not allowed to say that anymore).

When the show ends, say goodbye, cruise home and reflect on the good time you had.

Pretty much sums it up.
If its 90 degrees out then its ok to call them hot, just cant call them a Looker....

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go but I think my M1009 is too modified now to count as a MV show-piece. At least it's still camo though.
I'm sure it's fine. Mine looks mostly stock from the outside, but will be the most modified vehicle there probably, so you are safe.

armytruck63

Gottlos, you and your M1009 are more than welcome at the air show. I imagine you'll be leaving your house in Canyon Country at like zero-dark-30.

TheRecorder

Not that I am an expert, but what I gather is, be in place at a public Air Show event before the public is allowed to enter. That means allow extra time unless anyone knows exactly what to do when arriving. Air shows deal with the FAA and that is an important thing for them.
I plan to bring a cooler with sandwich items and such. Hot airport tarmac/Cold sandwiches/beverages. Cheap. Of course what ever you like is always the best.

It will be a fun time!

TheRecorder

Pretty much sums it up.
Agreed!

Hot Moms...........I mean, all the other stuff too.

deuceaid

Banned
Gottlos, do you have a radio to go with that antenna? And for the other guys, I know Recorder has a millitary radio, how about the other guys, CBs , FRS , Ham? Once the convoy gets bigger the lead and tail should have radios. I might have enough FRS radios to go around if we want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks